Lamps

Andrew C

I think it's Mico. But I don't use them myself.

EDIT: On closer inspection thier price list seems a bit odd. I'm guessing (but it doesn't seem to say this anywhere) that the prices quoted are for a multiple of the lamps supplied. Well, I can't imagine anyone paying £80 for a t19! Very strange - guess it's one of those ring 'em and find out things.

I think it's Mico.  But I don't use them myself.

EDIT: On closer inspection thier price list seems a bit odd.  I'm guessing (but it doesn't seem to say this anywhere) that the prices quoted are for a multiple of the lamps supplied.  Well, I can't imagine anyone paying £80 for a t19!  Very strange - guess it's one of those ring 'em and find out things.

That's their RRP Price list

If you contact them and ask for a quote for all the lamps you use they'll give you some much more realistic prices!

I'm paying £6.80 each for T19 £6.50 for T26 and £10.00 ea for T29

fax your list to them and someone will call you to arrange a proper quote

just found a recent flyer from Light Engineering, T11/19 at £7.95 each when you buy 4, T26/27 at £6.95. I've never bought from then so don't know what the service is like.

As far as discounting goes, it very common in the electrical wholesale world. Walk into any of the majors names (WF, Newey & Eyres etc) and buy some cable. You'll get 50% discount just for frowning when they give you the price, 65% for mentioning 'trade' and more when you really haggle and buy a few reels.

An update

Very good prices from Mico & next day if ordered early enough. I didn't, but they were with me within 48hrs.

20 x A1/223 £0.69 each

4 x T19 £6.60 each

8 x GKV £10.00 each

4 x CP62 £14.25 each

It was a small order, but they beat other quotes by quite a %. ;)

List prices are great for one thing. When the little toerag from the local am-dram doesn't return the spare lamp for the kit he blagged for the weekend, you simply ask him to pay for a replacement, at a list price of many times what you'd really pay.

In my experience the lamps reappear PDQ.

Glyn

Does anyone find a diference between "reputable" brands?

Not really. The only thing I used to specify when I was venue-based and regularly ordered stocks of lamps was that under no circumstances was I to be supplied with Sylvania Par64's - they're awful!

The only thing I used to specify when I was venue-based and regularly ordered stocks of lamps was that under no circumstances was I to be supplied with Sylvania Par64's - they're awful!

I wholeheartedly second that.

The only thing I used to specify when I was venue-based and regularly ordered stocks of lamps was that under no circumstances was I to be supplied with Sylvania Par64's - they're awful!

I wholeheartedly second that.

And I couldn't agree more, which is why I asked. Does anyone else make PAR lamps these days?

Mico's price is better than my normal supplier, so I might go to them next time.

We've standardised on Philips T class lamps, (and GE PARs) mainly for reasons of consistency.

Also, on the lamp front, is anyone else hacked off by the GE "superpar"? 10% brighter than previous ones, which is a right pain in the neck when you're mixing old and new lamps. I was told that they've dropped the normal version - can anyone confirm this or was I being lied to?

Dave.

Archived