Avolites Launch New Pearl

johnhuson

Just found this on the etnow.com website.

Avolites will launch its new Pearl Expert at PLASA in September. This is a new high performance version of the industry’s most popular ever console – more submasters more flash buttons, more power - optimised for use on larger and more demanding shows and events.

Pearl Expert is based on the Pearl 2004 operating system, retaining the user-friendliness and accessibility of Avolites Pearl consoles. It is powered by the new Intel Core Duo Processor, giving an exceptionally high speed button response which is particularly useful for ‘Take Over’, and busking with Timed Palettes.

An additional five sub master playbacks make a total of 20 – the most of any console in its class – ensuring every type of show, and user, has all the playbacks they need, instantly accessible. New Add and Swop buttons for the top row of faders allow easy, uncompromised placement of fixtures and dimmers, on all 60 preset faders.

The new ‘Colour Picker’. a highly requested feature from the Diamond 4 console, gives instant rapid and intuitive control of CMY and colour mix devices. This is the first of many D4 features for future software releases in Pearl Expert.

A Unique new “Split Roller” separates the 20 Sub masters into two banks of 10 allowing live mix and match of memories, adding a new dimension to “buskability”, this feature is ideal for operators who enjoy being right “in the mix” with the band.

The Internal Hard Disk gives virtually unlimited internal storage of shows. USB Memory storage together with a CD/DVD re writer (and a floppy disk drive) gives show portability and long term backup. Pearl Expert includes the industry standard Ethernet protocols.

Along with Pearl Expert, the Pearl 2004 has been upgraded and is now known as the Pearl 2008 which includes USB memory storage and a USB connection to an external PC giving a wealth of new features.

Shows created using Pearl 2004, 2008 or Expert software are interchangeable and compatible.

Sound interesting, that's all the info I could find on it though. Look forward to finding out more and having a play at PLASA.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Core duo is a lot of processor for a lighting desk. Especially one with no real GUI to speak of.

I thought that as well but it's no bad thing, maybe there planning on being able to run Visualiser on the desk itself whilst programming off line?

Do you mean programming with the visualiser giving feedback in blind mode? If not that could be quite cool and potentially useful.

Either in bline mode or back at base before you put the rig up, essentially I mean not needing to have an external PC to run it on.

Guest lightnix

At the moment I'd say, "that would be cool", but I think (hope?) that PC-free offline programming will become an increasingly common feature in the next few years, on even modestly spec'd ML desks.

I've always been a Pearl fan and this looks the mutts nuts. That's it - I'm definitely going to PLASA this year :)

I get the feeling Avolites are going to have a very busy stand this year, after all the Pearl is one of the most recognised and prolific consoles in the market!

I'm guessing that this might spell an end to the Sapphire as well, though I would of prefered playbacks with electronic legends like the Saph rather than the roller on the new Pearl but then that's just personal preference, I know many people still love the roller. Certainly a split roller makes it a lot more flexible and the extra five playbacks also make a difference. Let hope we see some more functions from the D4 like being able to store a time for a pallete etc. Being able to time individual attributes in a cue would be nice also but I think I might be asking too much there! Oh and maybe a proper cue stack function would be nice.......must stop dreaming!

I guess the fundamental issue is that they're trying to make Pearl Expert shows compatible with 2004 shows so this will limit functionality of the new console, for a start I can't work out how you can take a show from an expert that has 20 Playbacks per facet onto a 2004 with only 15....where do your extra cues go???

I look forward to maybe Beta testing this in a real show scenario....;-)

Ohh, looks very nice. Hopefully they have been working hard on the cue stacking abilities. I've been getting familiar with the P2004 stack and it's really doing my head in, so sorting that would really help it! Well in my current opinion anyway...

looking forward to having a play at plasa now!

The Pearl really needs an upgrade on the processor front and this should solve it. We have been running several PL1044's on ours and boy does the processor not like it. Add in a couple of movements as well and it positivly crawls. Also like the USB port will save having to carry floppy discs for personalities and makes it more friendly. PLASA here we come

Archived