church haze

ajm81

hello I have an event in a large church consisting of a large moving light system and need to find a haze solution

does anyone know a good machine to use the haze needs to be virtualy invisible until the beams pass through many thanks

Yer, There was an ad about the Look solutions unique 2 in the L+SI Mag this month, I have only ever used the Unique 1 before, and it is quite a machine, the thing only needs 60second to heat up aswell! Martin/Jem also make the Martin Magnum or the Jem ZR24/7 . I would look more at the look machine, as it is a much better machine in general.

Unique Hazer = £600 (ac lighting)

Martin Magnum = £500 (cpc)

Jem ZR24/7 = £700 (ac lighting)

basicly the cracked oil machines are to loud so we aer looking for the right water based machine it has to be quiet and the quality of the haze needs to be verry fine or as fine as water based machines go I had tought about running a machine verry low but allowing a couple of hours before event I have seen other events in simular situations with good haze and no noise but the cracked oil machines are to loud and messy many thanks

• 4 years later...

Topic Revival Time

I am looking for a DMX Controllable Haze Machine.

It doesn't matter if it's cracked oil or water based.

I'm not looking for a massive fog effect but something to highlight the beams of the lights.

Cheaper is better but I understand that quality can cost.

Thanks in advance.

Cheaper is better but I understand that quality can cost.

Oh come on. Give us a clue as to your budget or we're all going to waste our time.

If you don't know your budget then just google 'DMX haze' and every answer you need will appear before your very eyes.

If we are still talking church events whatever happened to censers, the churches very own haze machines?

Methinks the born-agains are re-inventing a wheel of their own making. Why buy what you already own the patent for? Haze effects were inspired by stained glass, sunshine and incense smoke in the first place.

Methinks the born-agains are re-inventing a wheel of their own making. Why buy what you already own the patent for?

The evangelical charismatics would never live down the accusation that they were "high church"! However, religion isn't a BR topic, and it may be slightly more taxing to control the choir boy holding the censer via DMX...

Look up the QTX FX1000. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=40488

It's got a topic on here which gives it favourable reviews and after having purchased one last month, I'm very inclined to agree.

Josh

They are great little machines, - ive just bought 2 and used them for our panto , but they are a little noisey, particually if you dont have the fan set on full speed. It sounds completly wrong to say that, but when u have them running anything below full and off they tend to 'whine' more.

Other than that though, the haze quality is very good. CPC can supply light or dense fluid along with the hazer. I bought both types but found the dense fluid was better once it had been dipersed with an extra floor fan. Price is good as well. DMX- 2 channel 3 pin XLR in and out.

Archived