Gold Soverigns

Palex

we need around 20 gold soverigns,

Spooky!

Strangely enough, for the up coming panto, I was thinking about how to sort the treasure chest contents - thought about spray-painting thos little knock-outs from electrical back-boxes, but they're probably too small...

Spraying coins of the realm...? I think there MAY be something illegal about that - after all, you're changing the appearance of legal tender. OK, it's only tuppences, but I suspect the treasury wouldn't take it too kindly!

If I locate anything I'll let you know.

TD

The unfortunate word here is "clink" chocolate coins might work at this if you didn't want the clink.

Ah but ynot ynot (clever?) use a chest with a high top and cover in choc coins to give to kiddies(might be best to note ingredients for lactose intolerant people)? clever?

If you do not mind a small hole in the middle, buy a metal hole saw and some 1/4" metal sheeting. Then spray gold. We made a whole trunk full of them (weighed a tonne and a half) for just under AU$100 - the hardest thing is finding a decent sized sheet of metal for a decent price. We used gal. iron. iirc with a hole saw size of 1 1/2" (diameter)

The unfortunate word here is "clink" chocolate coins might work at this if you didn't want the clink...

Erm, the chest of treasure is a prop which gets used, and likely the contents examined etc...! :)

Jeez, every time I dtill metal with hole saw, I get something a Ninja warrior would love to have in his armoury. Those disks can be razor sharp!

That is why god invented emery paper and files...

And junior technicians to give such jobs to.....

*ducks and runs for cover*

:)

Actually, this was AmDram, so part of the 5 hours of volunteer work the actors were 'politely requested' to do, I had them sanding, spraying and cutting. That is one of the many joys of TDing amdram shows, you can assign all the crap jobs to the tallent. Of course that often means that you have to check everything they have done afterwards (bloody untallented tellent) and cannot assign any jobs that a chimp could not do.

Archived