UV filter

dmxeater

Having experimented with gel last year for uv purposes there is no real good uv gel as such as the parameters are wrong from the light source straight away. An HMI is great for UV quantitiy which can then be used with something like Congo Blue to enhance but it is still no comparison to a UV cannon or UV tube. I am open to further suggestions if anyone has a better idea.

Anyone who reads the many and varied works of Frank Wood will share my sinking feeling as we start to discuss if 181 is useful for a UV effect....

Ah, yes... the Congo Blue debate...

If anyone doesn't know what Bryson is referring to, can I suggest that they log into 'rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft' on a news server, start a new thread with the title "Congo Blue = UV" or something similar, then watch the fireworks begin!

It's one of the reasons why I suggested, tounge in cheek many moons ago, that if you don't hve some Blue-Room swag, you should carry a piece of L181 to identify yourself :unsure:

Archived