Old Technology Showcase - This Friday, 18th Feb

Rob Halliday

Such a shame that I missed this, would love to have come and have a nose about. So while we are talking about old equipment, I have a garage full of kit that was purchased in the 80's and 90's obviously well out of date now and superseded many times. Most of it still works but what do I do with it all, sound desks, racked amps, FX lighting even a working old Pulsar Masterpiece. Loads of Martin kit - I really don't want to scrap it but I need my garage back.. Anyone got any ideas that are printable ?

Rob

There are 2 of these, quite honestly they have been hanging up out of the way for a while. A bit fiddly to get them down at the moment (due to a foodbank invading the space) to take better pics. I planned to use them maybe 5-6 years ago (more for the prop value than lighting reasons) but the damaged cables & plugs/sockets didn't pass my PAT and it wasn't worth my time repairing them for the situation, in fact so wrong I'll strip them off before passing them over. I think a full set of bulbs but one unit is facing the wall, never seen them in use so no idea if all or how many are good.

image.thumb.jpeg.f4e41faa3299d07ef953632ae9bd190f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eabaa686c70a30840eeddae243b8a14e.jpeg

The Strand 8 was eventually sent for scrap during a clearout.

Edited by sunray

"out of date"   

"superceeded"

Phrases your reaching for are " vintage " and "rare" 😉

Ebay and FB has couple of groups dedicated to vintage disco gear, it's a niche in itself.