Image Projector

the kid

I am looking for possibly an elusive fixture. 

Needed 
Bright - think s4 575 / 750 -  enough to be seen in a normal lit room 

small - s4 junior size or smaller - I imagine in a super ideal world a mini s4 

image projector - here is the issue, ideally something like a pacific where we could print image and use in the gate OR something like a projector where we could upload some JPG/PNG and project. 

Inside and possibly outside use, but outside we could maybe solve with another solution. 

A few times now we have had clients looking for image projector but all of 0 info "I want a image on a wall". Projector is too big or too much, but now its 3 days before the gig and they are still trying to decide what to use and now they cant get the artwork so its too late for gobos. 

7 minutes ago, gareth said:

I think you answered your own question!

Yeh. kinda want something smaller.  

MY googlefu is kicking in now and I found this https://www.thomann.de/se/eurolite_led_ip_lp_7_logo_projector.htm  but I don't think its gonna be THAT bright. at only 60 quid maybe its worth the gamble  and also try the bigger brother 

The 7W Thomann thing looks like it wouldn't do for anything bigger than a child's bedroom, unless the ambient lighting is very low, but if there's a bigger version?

The Rosco thing looks clever, even if it does look like it's made of plastic, but I can't work out how the light gets through (it appears to have DMX in & out, so maybe this is not the correct image?).

Edited by sandall

It’s also somewhat redundant in the age of led fixtures - it was designed to cool a laser printed acetate gobo enough for it to survive in the gate of a halogen lamped lantern.

A Lustr/Ovation/whatever else can take a laser printer acetate natively and give you colour mixing fun too. And you can award yourself some green points for saving a tiny bit of power by using lots of hard to maintain and hard to recycle materials.

(I said that last bit out loud again didn’t I?)

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, sandall said:

The 7W Thomann thing looks like it wouldn't do for anything bigger than a child's bedroom, unless the ambient lighting is very low, but if there's a bigger version?

The Rosco thing looks clever, even if it does look like it's made of plastic, but I can't work out how the light gets through (it appears to have DMX in & out, so maybe this is not the correct image?).

yeh its a bit puney. they do have a 60w one that looks a bit more like, if anyone remembers the ikea gobo light. 

Its obviously quite hard to say "it needs to be x" when we dont have a spec for anything. 

Current solution is a 6k lumen projector which is very sledgehammery.

On 10/26/2023 at 7:18 AM, the kid said:

Not the maddest idea. I think that s4jr might even be too big.  

ColorSource Spot jr could be an option. M-size gate, RGBL (normal or deep blue option). 5700lm

https://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Entertainment-Fixtures/ColorSource-Spot-jr/Features.aspx

Or of course an actual Source Four Mini LED. E-size gate.

Edited by Tomo
  • Upvote 2