Replacement floodlights

PantoDame

1 hour ago, alistermorton said:

20 year old Anytronics will be leading edge triac, so sub-optimal for dimming LED.

Agreed

1 hour ago, alistermorton said:

As Tim suggests, you'll likely get better results with a trailing edge dimmer. 

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would look back and see if there were any more posts to my original question.

Is there a way to be notified of other posts to an original question?

It seems to have started quite a discussion!!!

We have 8x400w tungaten haologen and 8x 500w Fresnels and PCs FOH. The are controlled by 2 x6way Anytronics dimmer racks and a 2 preset 12 way desk controller. In recent years I have added some PAR 56 RGB floods controlled by a Chauvet Stage Designer 50 memory DMX controller. The next production I will controll all lights by this board. Going back to the continued discussion-I wouldn't dream of trying to control an LED lamp with a stage dimmer- somehow there seems to be difficulty with compatability with LEDs and dimmers. I would only use DMX. We have spares for all our fittings and so for the time being we will carry on as we are. You can still buy old GLS lamps on ebay so I suspect there will be spares available for a long time.

• Like 1