RIP Brian Fairchild.

Ynot

I have to sadly report that I've just been informed by Lincoln that Brian Fairchild, a long time Blue Roomer, passed away yesterday as a victim of that b'stard known as cancer. 🤬🤬🤬

Brian was a long standing member of Lincoln's pyro safety courses, and always a source on here of good advice. 

I've just heard this awful news on the pyro grapevine. Gutted. What an enormous loss to the industry, and to the human race. Those of you who work in pyro/fireworks, or who've attended Linc's courses in the past, will no doubt be reflecting tonight that within a year JustFX, and FTF/Fully Fused Fireworks, have lost two of the best pyro techs, not to mention the loveliest people, one could ever hope to work alongside. Brian and Keith - see you on the other side, chaps.

It really is such a terrible disease - doesn't matter if you have been good or bad, careful or careless, it just storms in and wrecks things. Brian had helped me so many times since the Blue Room started, it's hard to put a value on how useful people are, but Brian was somebody I could ask questions of and get honest sensible answers, and I hope that when it was the other way around, he got something from me. 

A really nice fella - I shall miss him!

Paul

• Like 1