Mount Chauvet Gigbar (35mm speaker pole mount) on truss

Amy Worrall

Hi! I'm trying to attach a Chauvet Gigbar on top of horizontal truss. 

The gigbar has a slot for a 35mm speaker pole. That is its only mounting point (apart from a hook for a safety chain).

Ideally I want one of these, but with a 35mm spigot rather than a 28mm spigot. I would then attach this to the top pole of my triangular truss, mounting the gigbar above the truss. (Would need sufficient clearance of course.)

Anyone got any suggestions?

image.jpeg.38d30402530ec43e80d1773284891f11.jpeg

Haven't looked closely at one in real life, but a google of the manual (disclaimer: there are several versions of this product, so I may be looking at the wrong one) suggests that there's a bolthole on each end that can be used to attach a bracket, and one diagram shows a pair of half couplers directly attached.

image.png.7106f814c7ea1e76b5dffecd19e88962.png

image.thumb.png.162cad6812d1e2abce2113f757d303ba.png

• Like 1

I'm not sure those mounting holes exist on the model I'll be using (Gigbar Move Plus ILS). Certainly the manual makes no mention of it 😞

I've ordered the ali tube to try the fake tripod mount method. But next time I have my hands on the physical item I'll have another look for bolt holes.