behringer eurorack mxb1002 or behringer xenyx 1002b schematic

dmxlights

Hi all,

I am looking for the schematic or service manual for the behringer eurorack mxb1002 or behringer xenyx 1002b which are both seem to be the same mixer which can run on 2 9v batteries and 3rd one for phantom power.

I am hoping to adapted it to run on 18v battery pack with an amp for an out door show which will require it to be moved about and there will be 6 radio mic receivers also powered from this battery pack. I have the power for the receivers sorted and now to sort out the mixer. I know there is 2 show a day over 2/3days 4-6 shows and each one is about 2 hours max.

If anyone could help with the schematic would be great. The reason for asking is one of the battery connectors are broken

• 3 weeks later...

Only just seen this...

I would suspect that they use balanced power supplies so that the two batteries or two separate supplies are vital. If you want to run it from a single supply you'll probably need to use isolated DC to DC convertors to create the two 9V supplies.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:19 PM, dmxlights said:

Hi all,

I am looking for the schematic or service manual for the behringer eurorack mxb1002 or behringer xenyx 1002b which are both seem to be the same mixer which can run on 2 9v batteries and 3rd one for phantom power.

I am hoping to adapted it to run on 18v battery pack with an amp for an out door show which will require it to be moved about and there will be 6 radio mic receivers also powered from this battery pack. I have the power for the receivers sorted and now to sort out the mixer. I know there is 2 show a day over 2/3days 4-6 shows and each one is about 2 hours max.

If anyone could help with the schematic would be great. The reason for asking is one of the battery connectors are broken

I'm sorry I haven't seen this before either.

I don't know the 1002 but I imagine same as 1202, the power supply is 18-0-18V AC. Within the mixer is  basically thisimage.png.f886143042a49b036f90af99faf3d5c7.png

So it's not straightforwards to use batteries, especially if you need phantom power.

I use soundcraft products which use the same ideas, I simply use an invertor on a car battery

Edited by sunray

Hi Sunray,

Thank you for your reply and your e-mail. I had forgotten about this post myself

I have had the mixer apart as I needed to repair channel 1 which turned out to be a faulty fader. I had a quick look at the power board in the mixer when I had it apart and there only 2 pins of  3 of the power supply connector used. I did find a photo of the original one on the net and it show 16vac out. This also matches what I found in the mixer. I did not have time to work out and draw it out but have a very quick photo of it on my phone (I think). I am also sure from my quick look at the power board that there is 2 voltage regulators one is +15 and the other is -15

6 hours ago, dmxlights said:

Hi Sunray,

Thank you for your reply and your e-mail. I had forgotten about this post myself

I have had the mixer apart as I needed to repair channel 1 which turned out to be a faulty fader. I had a quick look at the power board in the mixer when I had it apart and there only 2 pins of  3 of the power supply connector used. I did find a photo of the original one on the net and it show 16vac out. This also matches what I found in the mixer. I did not have time to work out and draw it out but have a very quick photo of it on my phone (I think). I am also sure from my quick look at the power board that there is 2 voltage regulators one is +15 and the other is -15

If it's only using 2 pins from the AC supply it must be a different arrangement to the 1202. My gut feeling; if there is only 16V AC single ended available I wonder if the supply rails are lower (you mentioned 9V before) or if there are more voltage doublers.

For information I realise my original sketch (from memory of maybe 7-8 years back) has an error, I fed the AC into the wrong bridge rsctifier:

image.png.1b9146cc4c4229cfd970f15803892450.png

Ahh, that'll be the confusion then, the 2 products in the thread title are different products.😒

Behringer Eurorack MXB1002 10 Channel Mixer image 1Behringer_XENYX_1002_PA_en_studio_mixer_1.jpg

Having only encountered 402 and 1202 in the Xenyx style and never a 1002...

I haven't found a service manual for the Eurorack  version yet.

Edited by sunray

Thomann don't have the one I am taking about but Music Store does  https://www.musicstore.com/en_OE/EUR/Behringer-XENYX-1002B/art-PAH0008197-000

Just notice your pic is from DV247

I have just found it on DV247  https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Behringer-XENYX-1002B/art-PAH0008197-000

Edited by dmxlights

30 minutes ago, sunray said:

I wonder how many people have purchased the wrong product over the years with such a small difference in model number?

Good one there Ray. I did not think of that.

Just to add it only when it change to Xenyx that there is a small difference in the model numbers. When it was eurorack it was MXB1002 ( battery powered) and UB1002 (like the one you like Ray)

Edited by dmxlights