behringer eurorack mxb1002 or behringer xenyx 1002b schematic

dmxlights

12 hours ago, dmxlights said:

Good one there Ray. I did not think of that.

Just to add it only when it change to Xenyx that there is a small difference in the model numbers. When it was eurorack it was MXB1002 ( battery powered) and UB1002 (like the one you like Ray)

I wouldn't say I like them, for some reason my goto had always been soundcraft. However I don't have any aversions to other makes, these are very popular, especially with bands just starting to improve their kit.

I do like the way the cans don't automatically cut the CR speakers but to other that seems to be a problem.

My only problem with the small Behringer mixers (& I gather, other Behringer gear) has been overheating power-supplies, due to undersized heatsinks & lack of ventilation. Fine for occasional use, but never for 24/7. It may be that they are fine on 220v mains, but 240+v just pushes them over the edge.

3 hours ago, sandall said:

My only problem with the small Behringer mixers (& I gather, other Behringer gear) has been overheating power-supplies, due to undersized heatsinks & lack of ventilation. Fine for occasional use, but never for 24/7. It may be that they are fine on 220v mains, but 240+v just pushes them over the edge.

I don't believe this to be a problem specific to Behringer, I've certainly repaired other makes of kit with the same symptoms. Additionally I can quote  a number ofsituations where Behringer 1202's and other Behringer kit has been in use faultlessly 24/365 for years non stop.

Truthfully I expect the cheaper ranges of kit to be less reliable and I believe that to be the case but not by much of a margin.

4 hours ago, sandall said:

You've obviously been luckier with 1202's than me😥

I'm not saying I've not repaired any, how else did I sketch how the AC is rectified from memory?

However I think it's just the one 1202 & 4 or 5 402's and a slight possibility an 802. To balance that I've repaired more Soundcrafts than Behringer but truthfully I know of more Soundcraft users than Behringer so I expect the difference. In 1995/6 I repaired about a half dozen Formula Sound PM 80's & 90's (still have 3 or 4 input modules on the shelf) while working in the 'nightclub' environment (Very to get out of that scene!!). Over the years I've repaired maybe 25 'better makes' mixers too. (Think I may still have some Alice modules here too)

I don't claim to be some 'professional' repair shop, the vast majority of the kit I've repaired has been for associates (apart from the nightclub kit).

I think the only other Behringer unit I've repaired has been an ultragraph or FBX sort of thing and that was caused by plugging its input to a big amplifiers (LS) output.