Cue Lights - What's available

Afternoon Folks,

A project I'm involved with will need a cue light system. Since this is a recurring job that's runs for a reasonable length of time each year, I'm investigating the possibilities of purchasing a system, rather than hiring.

I'm away of the ETC / GDS system and the interspace offerings, but is there anybody else I should be looking at. I'm not too worried about analogue / digital, I simply need a desk mounted base station and 5/6 out stations.  Cabling etc can be sorted once I know what system we're going with.

Any Thoughts anybody?

I have very little to offer to this discussion apart from to point out that Green Go Comms packs have a cue light feature. If the project also involves voice Comms then it might be cost effective to combine the two. 

ETC/GDS and Interspace/Leon Audio have the market as far as I am aware. I've not used the latest iteration of the ETC system, but I have used the Interspace and found it very good - the way the cabling and addressing works is very flexible. I seem to recall we had an issue with button caps falling off though.

The Interspace system is very much designed for conference use, generally with the presenter on stage cueing the crew and nowadays can be connected directly to laptops to trigger slides or audio cues.If you are looking for the more traditional style theatre system, with a Stage Damager cueing all the various departments, then the ETC system might be.a better fit.

35 minutes ago, J Pearce said:

Ah - there are two interspace systems - the Mastercue which is the conference cueing system, and the TheatreCue which is a theatrical cueing system (built under license from Leon Audio in Aus)

Ah, you live and learn! I've only met the Mastercue, didn't realise TheatreCue even existed.

• 11 months later...

Just to return to this, we hired a system for last season, partly for budget reasons and partly for supply issues (chip shortage, but mostly money people not signing off until too late). Subsequently we've opted for the Leon Audio / Interspace offering and managed to acquire a second hand system. It was very close between this and the ETC / GDS, but for us, the use of XLR3 won out over the Cat5/ Ethercon cabling.

Thank you for all the suggestions etc.

Glyn

• Upvote 1