Nanny State

themadhippy

the good old h+s buracrats have struck again, seems like the hi wire act at the moscow state circus must wear a hard hat whilst rehersing more details at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly...-753602,00.html

and http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_802486.html.

how long before we have to issue the cast with hard hats for the tec/dress?

Guest lightnix
That's weird, I thought people working at heights had to wear mountaineering helmets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely hard hats are for people on the floor.

You hit the nail on the head Lightnix , what a load of ^&%”*. I think it was a slow news day.

When was the last time the BBC gave free advertising to a Circus on the 6 o’clock news.

If the story is true, and I don’t think it is, the circus needs to get an H&E officer who understands risk assessments, and dose not impose blanket rules, because its the easy thing to do.

If the story is true, and I don’t think it is, the circus needs to get an H&E officer who understands risk assessments, and dose not impose blanket rules, because its the easy thing to do.

According to this article;

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...sp?story=427842

(and what I read elsewhere) it was the circus' insurers, not the HSE or their H&S officer, who insisted on the headgear.

ah! good old knee-jerk reactions still working I see ;)

wait a 'mo, it's not april or the last night so it must be true! :blink:

the russians would only go - 'ppht, ve doo not needz za zafety harrrrrrnez, ve are not goink too fall.'

or at least those that I know would do that.

the russians would only go - 'ppht, ve doo not needz za zafety harrrrrrnez, ve are not goink too fall.'

Surely that would be the French act?

If you wanted awfenktic Russian would should have just added ski to the end of the sentance, yeski?

• 10 months later...
Guest lightnix

Not sure if it was for H&S reasons (no explanation was given), but my partner and her fellow Morris Dancers were asked to hand in their bells before boarding the London Eye the other week.

:)

Anybody have any idea why this might be ?

Anybody have any idea why this might be ?

In case they started doing a morris dance :)

Worried about them disturbing other people? Scratching the glass? James Bond style mini grenades? Using them as knuckledusters for mugging people? Part of a sponsored confisticate-a-thon? Campanophobia?

We just PAT tested a banana. It passed. Due for retesting 2005.

There's no way that banana should have passed!

A banana is not double-insulated, and the earth-live impendance must have been far too low. :)

There's no way that banana should have passed!

A banana is not double-insulated, and the earth-live impendance must have been far too low. ;)

Come to think of it, you're right (I blame the staff :** laughs out loud **: )- I've now put a big condemned sticker on it, and sent it for 'disposal.'

It's another sloow sunday here in the basement. Next on the list, flash testing jelly babies. :)

The distro that the LX company supplied to the gig I've just de-rigged passed the pAT Test, yet made the truss live......Earthed thru the projector. Big bang, and smoke, but the projector still worked. Christie Vivid LX41 - One, Dodgy Distro Nil.

Guest lightnix
My old Uni Morris side offended the Prevention of terrorism act by carrying an offensive weapon whilst wearing a "characteristic uniform" !!!!

:)

Unbelievable (almost). Care to share the full story ?

Archived