Supply of Le Maitre Products

Nicktaylor

Until I had to think about sourcing some robotics for a show, I had nor realised they had been in financial trouble. Now most of their listed distributers dont any more. Stage Electrics hope for a delivery in ten days which is very very borderline. Does anyone know of a stock already held anywhere?

Until I had to think about sourcing some robotics for a show, I had nor realised they had been in financial trouble. Now most of their listed distributers dont any more. Stage Electrics hope for a delivery in ten days which is very very borderline. Does anyone know of a stock already held anywhere?

The Stage LX stock lists are showing MINUS figures for many popular effects on the pyro shelves, so I'd echo Brian's advice.

I'm currently looking at sourcing some gear for a show in early December, but it's looking like they'll be getting those on a wing and a prayer maybe...

https://www.vikingfireworksltd.co.uk/

http://www.illusionpyrotechnics.com/

http://www.wellsfireworks.co.uk/contact-us

All have UK manufacture of stage (etc) pyrotechnics but only LeMaitre offer their own pinned pod system. I suspect that most product will be remote traded by phone and cc. with delivery by approved courier.

It’s very difficult to store pyro now, with MEQ making storage of a longer run quite difficult to manage. My explosives licence is tied in with the staged delivery and maximum storage limits, and its takes a lot of effort and monitoring, clearly NI has different rules on explosive material, but the licence and therefore responsibility is with me, and I get regular inspections and the Police Officer in charge of licensing is a great fella but takes his job extremely seriously, which I think is good. Deliveries from Le Maitre are very carefully staged for the Christmas period, but we do occasionally run out, when weather delays a ferry, or lorries get held up. We also cannot substitute, as the individual product reference numbers are on the licence, along with a description of what they do. I’ve done this for quite a while now and am completely out of touch with what the rest of the UK do, but I cannot help thinking that if the MEQ storage laws in Belfast are what is deemed ‘safe’, maybe that means that in England, Scotland and Wales, you’re all doing something more dangerous, but far less controlled?

Add HFM http://www.hfmgroup.com/ of Cannock to the list of suppliers with some useful pyro -again all wire ended and their stuff is usually bigger than stage stuff but there are bits to be found that may assist

Also, from Manchester https://www.tvandfilmsupplies.co.uk/ Some stage style pyro

Do remember that the Pyro regulation is mainly for Great Britain, with special, different rules applicable to Northern Ireland

Edited by Jivemaster

It's worth noting that the alternate manufacturers aren't really interested in the sort of smaller stuff that is often used on stage. So you might struggle to get products that suit your situation. You will need to get suitable reassurance in regard to product size.

It's also worth noting that if le maitre are out of stock of any product then you might be waiting until the new year for any delivery.

Yes LeMaitre intentionally set themselves up to be the go to supplier to the theatre and small events industry BUT now that their stock is not available easily, several shows will need to source pyro elsewhere and need to get reassurance from manufacturers then do tests for suitability. BUT if that's where there is stock that's where it has to come from. Likewise if there is no pyro in pyroflash pinned cartridges then remember that wago connectors exist and other suitable connectors including twisted wires.

Yes I can find a maroon with an NEC of 1KILO ! but they also make maroons with 1gram inside. It's a matter of deciding what you need then getting that from a supplier by courier and making it's use safe for your purpose, and repeated testing til you are confident of the new article.