Simple DMX stage controller

parky58

I am looking for an inexpensive controller for 2 friends who do a Simon and Garfunkel show. They have 2 X Stairville CLB5 RGBW LED bars. These can be used in 16 CH mode.

I have looked at all the Chauvet Obey 4,6 10,20 etc controllers and none seem to meet the criteria for these simple musicians to achieve a handful of scenes which are recallable and fades between. Laptop options are mot practical.

Ideally the controller should have 16 faders plus master fader.

Scene storage.

Scene buttons to recall.

Cross fade between scenes (can be a global setting)

The 2 LED bars can be set to same DMX address so will work as a pair.

As few extra functions as possible so as to aid simplicity.

I use a Jands Stage CL to control LED fixtures for my band which does an excellent job, but something nearer the £100 mark would be ideal for them.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

First question is do they actually need 16 channels (the bars are 4, 8, 16, 18 or 20 channel)? Or indeed do they need a controller at all, or would the supplied remote cover their needs?. In Simon & Garfunkel days it was basically on or off, so presumably they just need faces & colour washes.

I am looking for an inexpensive controller for 2 friends who do a Simon and Garfunkel show. They have 2 X Stairville CLB5 RGBW LED bars. These can be used in 16 CH mode.

I have looked at all the Chauvet Obey 4,6 10,20 etc controllers and none seem to meet the criteria for these simple musicians to achieve a handful of scenes which are recallable and fades between. Laptop options are mot practical.

Scene storage.

Scene buttons to recall.

I use a Jands Stage CL to control LED fixtures for my band which does an excellent job, but something nearer the £100 mark would be ideal for them.

There are a plethora of this type of thing on the market: https://www.dv247.co...EwQAvD_BwE. Once the scenes are programmed in, much of the controls on the right hand side can be blocked of with a simple cover, I have seen this done time and time again. The one issue is each time the desk is powered the 'blackout' facility defaults to 'on' (dark stage) so the button needs to be pushed once.

24 channel versions exist but they only have 12 scene faders.These types of desks appear on Ebay on a daily basis and £50 is a bit of a guide price. (or was 2 years ago when I purchased a couple)

Edited by sunray

Scene storage.

Scene buttons to recall.

How about the Behringer LC2412 https://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_lc2412_eurolight_dmx_lichtmischpult.htm

A bit fiddly to programme but once set up, it works fine. There is also a Botex equivalent but I have no experience of using it.

DNT

Good find but your shopping in the wrong places ;-)

https://www.thomann....ator_deluxe.htm

Thanks folks! Either I searched badly (entirely possible), or it's very new to Thomann, as I looked for it a couple of weeks back.

I'll probably be ordering one soon for our small performance room, as the Behringer LC2412 that's in there at the moment confuses most users (and is not great for RGB figures anyway) so I seem to have to go and reset it rather too often. This should exactly match the lights we have in there.