hybrid power DMX cable

jesterfish

Hi im looking to get 50/60 meters of hybrid power /DMX cable..new or used.. to tidy up runs and make things easier to lay out and get out im running mainly lightweight led fixtures so 1.5mm on the power will surfice also while connectors arnt needed if they come with powercon /neutrik thats great thanks Rich

TMB and Link make a wide variety:

https://tmb.com/proplex-powerdata/

https://linkitaly.com/products/eurocable/hybrid-cables/

I'd suggest getting Power/Ethernet instead of just Power/DMX if the price difference isn't much, as Cat5e/6 would give you two DMX runs, or a lot of other things (VGA, HDMI etc) with the appropriate adapters. Or Ethernet of course.

Have some of these cables they are easier quicker and tidyer when used in a rig that you regularly use. Have seen the made up cables in several suppliers, haven't seen the reeled cable for two plus years.

Be aware that audio signal cable outputs on pins (microphone has pins) but DMX outputs on sockets so duo cables for audio/mains or DMX/mains are different.

Thanks I will follow these up

its only that I would like quite a bit of cable ( or more ) that im asking. I have seen it advertised by most of the usual outlets but not in bulk...Rich

Thanks I will follow these up

its only that I would like quite a bit of cable ( or more ) that im asking. I have seen it advertised by most of the usual outlets but not in bulk...Rich

This is definitely not a pro touring solution, but this from Thomann looks like a reasonably priced source of 20m DMX+0.75mm power https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_sssnake_pnt_20.htm

It is wired to power up a lighting desk (I think it was previously sold as a feed for powered speakers). I bought one a few years back to mod for a client wanting a couple of powered monitor feeds. Cheap connectors but what do you expect on budget cable...

As Jivemaster pointed out above, that Thomann one is for audio not DMX, the connectors are the wrong gender for DMX

Edit, sorry I just understood what you meant by "wired to power a lighting desk" which indeed it would.

Studiospares stock the Sommer ranges, both the audio and DMX versions in the UK. Reasonably priced and some of the best customer service I get nowadays. Always worth a call if stock isn't showing on the website.

I've got the 4 DMX lines plus 1 power and drag it in and out of different venues at least 3 times a week. It's survived for 2 years so far!

Archived