Stands for subwoofers

viktor92

Hi all,

I am looking to buy JBL PRX815XLF sub woofers. The area where I would like to place, could be wet. Is it good idea to put it on a custom made stand?

Please find the the links as a reference:

http://www.adonacorporation.com/45asbanner.JPG

http://vocesabia.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/speakers-floor-stand-audio-racks-modular-audio-video-furniture-and-isolation-platforms-at-corporation.jpg

May someone tell me advise?

Many thanks,

Viktor.

How wet? Bass cabs usually do better against a surface (floor wall or both) but always fail when too wet.

The area is water park. The surface is most of the time dry, but the floor can get wet sometimes. Do you think if I use solid stands can help keeping the good quality of sound?

If you have any idea, can you please suggest any model, or any other solution which will not damage the speaker?

Regards,

Viktor.

Hi, Viktor,

I think it was mentioned in another post, but it isn't a good idea to put a powered loudspeaker in the wet area of an outdoor pool, even if the box is raised off the floor a little.

I know that you are not UK based, but it would most likely not meet UK regulations for electrical devices or supplies in pool areas, and the possibility of electric shock remains pretty much the same in all countries.... !

Hi Viktor, please don't be offended, I am just an old fool so of no importance BUT I have been watching your posts as they vary through giant bubble machines, underwater speakers, fans and active speakers in a water park's public areas. It strikes me that you are asking fairly basic questions of a public internet forum and just might be better off contracting in one of the very many UK professionals working in the Gulf to help you first hand. Whatever people suggest here the assumption is that you have basic competence in the technical and safety aspects of the job which I suspect you may be slightly lacking.

Find a consultant with indemnity insurance cover and put the legal onus on them. I may be wrong and you are an experienced entertainment technology professional but even then it wouldn't hurt to have an insurable buffer between you and a legal regime that can be fairly rigid.

Hi Viktor, please don't be offended, I am just an old fool so of no importance BUT I have been watching your posts as they vary through giant bubble machines, underwater speakers, fans and active speakers in a water park's public areas. It strikes me that you are asking fairly basic questions of a public internet forum and just might be better off contracting in one of the very many UK professionals working in the Gulf to help you first hand. Whatever people suggest here the assumption is that you have basic competence in the technical and safety aspects of the job which I suspect you may be slightly lacking.

Find a consultant with indemnity insurance cover and put the legal onus on them. I may be wrong and you are an experienced entertainment technology professional but even then it wouldn't hurt to have an insurable buffer between you and a legal regime that can be fairly rigid.

Hi Kerry,

Many thanks for your honest response. Kindly note that the reason that I am doing all these researches as a non professional AV technician is to learn more. I am trying to create the scenario as the request come to me. All answers are highly appreciated. My decisions are not final and we work close with Health & Safety department before make any decision, following the rules and regulations.

Once again, thanks for your opinion.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Viktor.

Archived