Audio Desk Anti Tamper Solution

pete10uk

Hi All

I have a customer with the classic no budget scenario.

They have a analog desk which is locked away so no one can tamper but they have a community group use the system from time to time with 2 radio mics (Sennheiser G3) and an iPod and the desk settings keep getting changed! as you would imagine.

What I'm thinking of is a passive pot of some kind on each of the 4 inputs in question, so they can set the desk at maximum with the pots open and then lock away the desk. Meaning the only settings which can be changed are the pots thus lowering levels.

Can anyone suggest a pre-built solution? baring in mind the low budget!

Thanks

Does the analog desk have insert points? You could perhaps wire a suitable pot inline with that to give volume control and nothing else. Only problem is that people using the full desk would need to bring the knobs back to unity or disconnect the insert leads.

Could you use a really basic sub mixer to feed in to one preset channel on the main desk? I've seen a couple of <£20 options like this or this.

I'm sure there are completely passive options available too so if you use line level out of the mic receivers, they should work well alongside ipod outputs.

Can the group bringing the mics and ipod bring their own mixer that then feeds a preset stereo channel on the locked away mixer? I setup similar for a church that met in a venue I managed, so that I didn't have to attend every Sunday nor do a massive reset every Monday.

3 solutions have already been offered:

4) Make a cover which obscures everything except the sockets and faders and can be securely locked into place.All of the suggestions apart from DaveM assume that EQ, gain, pan etc does not need to be altered for the alternative devices,

this is highly unlikely so I'd go with Dave or make them bring their own.

Archived