Cheap Md Players

richard

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go into the Setup Menu and scroll to Auto (it'll read AUTO OFF, AUTO PAUSE, etc)... press Yes, and change Auto to Pause. It will then pause after every track, cueing up the next. No need for 30 seconds of silence after each track any more - clip them directly around the audio.

There is no Auto in the menu, just:

T.mark Lsync

LS(t) (I think this is for the track marks)

Smart spase

P.hold- which just freezes the level meters at the higest point

Fade in time

Fade out time

Sleep

and LP stamp

And I cant see it on the remote. Maybe it isnt on the 440

Thanks anyway

as peter says the 440 dont do autopause,ive been through the menus(including service) and theres no sign of it,anoyingly the instruction manual mentions it but further reading revealed the manual is also for the 640 :D ,maybe they thought the long play option was more usefull

as peter says the 440 dont do autopause,ive been through the menus(including service) and theres no sign of it,anoyingly the instruction manual mentions it  but further reading revealed the manual is also for the 640  :D ,maybe they thought the long play option was more usefull

No - they decided they'd force people in "the industry" needing a feature like auto-pause to have to buy higher-end models instead of entry-level stuff. It's sly, but it's clearly aimed at the fact that theatres can afford an extra £100 (or whatever) for the feature, where such things are important.

--N

hi,

for portable md's, try panasonics ranges.

my one has a vu meter on it, auto track split (but it needs 2 sec of silence to recognise it) and no beeps.

if we need a saturday job, we can always get one as an assistant in the shops - then get paid as an 'expert' due to the fact that nobody else knows what a vu meter does ;) .

cheers.

andrew :D

if we need a saturday job, we can always get one as an assistant in the shops - then get paid as an 'expert' due to the fact that nobody else knows what a vu meter does

Dear boy you slightly misguided that the public care what it does. If you did work in a name high street retailer of electrical goods, you would certainly 'big up' the turbo maxim teflon mega bass system and the fact the the system is 'digital'

If anyone needs any more information tell them about the colour changing display is 'cool'.

Another thing whilst working for the electrical goods retailer what are you doing helping the public? Haven't you got mates in the store you could be talking to? If not try calling some of your friends on your mobile during work time.

<deep breath - ah that feels better>

most high street electrical stores are more intrested in selling you an extended 5 year warrenty than they are about selling you a new toy.

Soooooooo true. Information from people who have worked on a couple of electrical retailers conferences say it's where they make their profit. You get offered an extended 3 year warranty for an £80 item for £20 to £40!?!

you forgot to add the inevitable - 'Innit' at the end of every sentence.

sad that there is no longer any skills that remain in the consumer market to advise the customers in what system suits them. :(

ah well. innit.

cheers. innit.

andrew

:(

most high street electrical stores are more intrested in selling you an extended 5 year warrenty than they are about selling you a new toy.

have to admit I worked for a well known hight street electrical retailer not wishing to mention any names... (sounds a bit like vixions)

and the above is very true, there is little profit margin in the goods themselvs the money comes from the warenty and to that point there is a one day course on how to sell goods and a 4 day course on how to sell warrentys... what is more is if somone is to come back with a good under an extended warrenty one is meant to do their best to find a reason that it is not covered.

my advice: never go for the extended warrenty its not worth the paper is written on in any of the group I worked fors stores.

do yourself a favor and go to john lewis there you get the warrenty for free and the goods are often cheaper too.

I have to say then the above advice is given to a customer they used to be amazed by the honesty and would often still decide to get the goods from me as I would probably have told them about any other problems I knew of.

do yourself a favor and go to john lewis there you get the warrenty for free and the goods are often cheaper too.

Their PC after sales Tech Support is amazing...I'm no novice PC user, and they've solved 3 of my problems over the phone

Their PC after sales Tech Support is amazing...I'm no novice PC user, and they've solved 3 of my problems over the phone

Same with their ISP

Normal situation - no fee 0845 number but all the income from the phone line pays for the running of the ISP and the freephone helpline with incredibly compitent people on the other end - any ballence is sent to four chosen charitys "Hey we are a supermarket not an ISP - Other Supermarkets are doing this so we have to to stop you going with a rival - but we don't have to make a profit from you and we can give more money to charity that way..."

>Disclaimer - before I worked for the BBC I was a saucepan salesman for the JLP - If you checked my bloodstream I probably still have a bit of green blood left... < (They were a fantastic company to work for and there clubs section really subsidised the staff thespian persuits - hiring a west end theatre for 1 week getin 1 week performance - Pro LD, MD, Set design & construction and orchestra bar one, did put an edge on the company theatrical club performance in my last year...

:(

have to admit I worked for a well known hight street electrical retailer not wishing to mention any names... (sounds a bit like vixions)

Thicksons?

Ah you learn something new every day.

Thanks I will look in these stores next time

Archived