IWB installation

Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I am working on an installation, and the design notes that the IWB's are to be welded in place to the brackets.

I have never seen nor herd of an IWB to be welded, and I always believe that they should be installed so they can be maintained in future, meaning a non perm fixing.

The location of this bar will be mounted to a wall.

Please advise on this topic.

Matt

It looks like someone doesn't fully understand that applying heat to a metal tube containing power cables is a "notagoodthing". I also wonder how many TIG welders out there could actually weld thin walled aluminium tube to steel brackets anyway.

Best ask the questions first I think.

It looks like someone doesn't fully understand that applying heat to a metal tube containing power cables is a 'notagoodthing'. I also wonder how many TIG welders out there could actually weld thin walled aluminium tube to steel brackets anyway.

Best ask the questions first I think.

All of the IW's I've encountered have been thick walled but scaff towers are thin walled and welded.

Yes I have worked on some fully welded IWB's including ali mounting hardware which had to be re-wired in situ.

Additionally IWB's can also be made with steel scaff.

Well you can weld an alli bar to an alli bracket but you can't weld a bracket to a wall , so it will be removable, if chuffing awkward.I am sure that I remember C shaped bars that had a plastic insert so you could easily add extra cable?

Why welded? If it is because the bracket position means that he is worried about "droop" then a ladder type bar can be used

I am sure that I remember C shaped bars that had a plastic insert so you could easily add extra cable?

Furse used to manufacture their IWBs like this. Fine until someone winds the wing bolt of a hook clamp through the plastic and into the wires.

Archived