Trantec Mic-Prog & Windows-7

sandall

Hi Stodd, welcome

It's DOS software to re-programme the S3000 & S4000 ranges, but if you follow the thread you'll see that it relies on [a] a proprietary Trantec cable, Windows XP or earlier & [c] a PC old enough to have a parallel (printer) port - USB to parallel adaptors won't work. Not to be confused with programming software for the S5000 or later series, which was the subject of a different thread..

Edited by sandall

All the usual suspects for second user laptops near me have recently offered Dell D610 and D630, obviously someone has got rid of LOTS of them They work fine bit have short battery run time however the charger is still current. Some/most of these were originally installed with XP. At my local computer fair (Stratford E15) there is an installer who will still install XP with service packs for moderate money.

Any idea where I can get the reprogramming software for the 5.3's or 5.5's?

If you put "Trantec S5.5 Monitorting Software Online Download?" into the search box you should find a Dropbox link near the end of the thread.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I just posted today about programming S4.5 reciever frequencies. I am an Engineer, and happy with soldering, is this something you chave info on?

Kindest TRegardsBob

I currently have it working and have had issues like you.

There is another way to program these systems not using a parallel port but it depends how much time you want to spend soldering and making cables.

feel free to contact me if you want some advice, happy to help

Graeme

I saw but how do you get the software, and can it change frequencies?Also is there a diagram for the lead pinouts? I have googled extensively and can find no mention of this cable or its wiring.Bob

Hi, I just posted today about programming S4.5 reciever frequencies

See post #16 above

There maybe not one on the back panel,but often,along with old skool serial their avaliable on a header on the motherboard.

You might be surprised - my PC has a 6 year old motherboard in it, and even then they had stopped putting parallel printer ports either on the main sockets or on headers. Indeed, it only has a single COM port available, via a pin header, but no built in socket. You can probably still get an expansion card (or more likely a USB equivalent) but if the Trantec software tries to hit the metal rather than go via the OS you're going to hit more problems.

I originally bought the kit from Trantec (for an arm & a leg) to re-programme a batch of S3000 (VHF) series. It works with the S4000 series, but the cheaper Ch.70-only models seem to be write-protected (probably to stop them being converted to Ch.69). Your best option would be to contact Mike Lowe at MLEC, who will be able to sort you out. Edited by sandall

my PC has a 6 year old motherboard in it, and even then they had stopped putting parallel printer ports

All depends on the board,this 3 year old msi has both , no idea if a backplane is available,I just hacked in the serial as usb convertors wouldn't play nicley

In summary

the following trantec systems were all from the same era / family

vhf

s3.2 - single freq - no screen - can be reprogrammed

s3.5 4 freq - with screen on tx - can be made to hold 32 freq on the beltpack

s3500 - 32 freq max across 4 banks

UHF

s4000f - fixed single version

s4.5 - with screen, sold as 4 channel unit, can be made to hold 32 freq - sometimes all of channel 65 - 70

s4000 - 32 freq max across 4 banks, can be made to hold 32 freq - sometimes all of channel 65 - 70

we have all the bits to repair tune/ program with quick turn around