Behringer p16

simploerob

Any recommendations for good quality cat 5 cables for these?

The units came with Cat 5 cables with metal ends but are not long enough to get from the disto to the p16's

Have been unable to find any and been though a number of cat 5 cables over the last 3 years with the tabs breaking off....

Thanks you help as always

Simon

We've got some Van Damme ones on our P16's, the metal ends are not necessary. The Van Damme cable does lie nicely on the floor like mic cable rather than the nasty kinky mess normal cat5 seems to end up in. We bought them in premade lengths but I cannot remember where they came from...

The P16's do not have ethercon. The "metal end" he refers to is just a screened RJ45.

I think the OP was mentioning that the original leads were shielded (STP) The Ultranet is a serial connection using a Cat5 rather than an ethernet connection (Hence why you have to use their distribution hubs) For most stage runs, I think that UTP will work fine. +1 for the boots as well. Especially when they are packed away, in my experience most breaking of tabs occurs when trying to separate leads that the tangle gremlin has been at.

Archived