PVC Curtain (Freezer Door Curtain

smalljoshua

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to source (to rent) a small quantity of the sort of curtain you find in warehouses/freezers to keep drafts out but allow free movement of kit/people.

Something like this PVC Door Curtain

So far, I've got no idea where I could rent such an item from for a short period of time. I need a 2m wide by 3.75m drop length for 3 days in June.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

If I say Fashion Show. Does that answer the question? :P

It's for the "entrance" to a catwalk.

I'm leaning towards the 100mm stuff as it's probably lighter weight (to not damage garments) but the 200mm would look more realistic/be easier to rig.

Josh

We have some on a couple of doors in our warehouse, and I think it was just bought off eBay back in the day. It becomes gradually more opaque with age (presumably from abrasion as it's used) so borrowing some might not get the effect that you're looking for.

Make sure when you rig it that there is no overlap between pieces. It might be prudent to leave gaps. If there's the slightest bit of moisture the pieces will stick to each other which can impede progress. Not a problem for warehouse staff barrelling through it, but catwalk models are generally less sturdy and would struggle to hold their poise...

If you overlap them the models will never get through them without huge drama and the whole piece will be cut. You're already going to have enough problems with anyone wearing any kind of hat / fancy haircut and any costume with delicate detail on it surviving getting through the curtains if they're not overlapping.

If you overlap them the models will never get through them without huge drama and the whole piece will be cut. You're already going to have enough problems with anyone wearing any kind of hat / fancy haircut and any costume with delicate detail on it surviving getting through the curtains if they're not overlapping.

Although to be fair, models having their costumes forcibly rearranged by flaps would make a great video. Perhaps the flaps could also vibrate to maximise the drama.

Although to be fair, models having their costumes forcibly rearranged by flaps would make a great video. Perhaps the flaps could also vibrate to maximise the drama.

To quote my hero, Pete Waterman, "Be'ave!" :** laughs out loud **: Although I do have to agree.... :D

Archived