Digital Radio Mics

fincaman

discovering a 'whine' on all of the four units in use. Couldn't get rid of it.

The only time I've experience that with my L6 units is when several transmitters with headsets attached have been sat right next to each other ready to be distributed to the cast. As soon as they're separated, they're fine. Never been an issue in actual use.

I cannot, however, de-mate the receivers I slotted together. They appear mated for life.

That's pretty much normal :** laughs out loud **: I seem to recall they changed the design of that plastic piece to one that didn't require a hammer to insert and the two receivers now lock together with a little metal square that screws to the back of them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We used the system for the first time this morning - worked flawlessly, no dropout issues. Our vocalists like the feel of the mic, and they are very simple to operate. No interference either from or to WiFi users. I'm planning on locating one of the spare receivers in another part of the building, and one in my mobile rack, so that when I have another use, I just have to borrow the transmitters.

A friend used one on Saturday and she was working with another singer who uses bluetooth to connect his mp3 player to his mixer. It seemed (though they cant be sure) that the Tetrad blocked out the bluetooth signal - however even after turning off the tetrad the bluetooth was still temperamental. The Tetrad was placed right next to the Bluetooth receiver and that isnt a great idea. As they were in the middle of a gig they just reverted to using a wired mic - I would have connected the mp3 via wire and kept the wireless mic going but not their choice.

My guess is that moving the tetrad receiver a few feet would overcome the problem but its definitely something to be aware of. Anyone else noticed problems with bluetooth. The good thing is that the Tetrad mic will keep working even when next to a bluetooth receiver - even though the bluetooth receiver seemed to suffer.

I placed a bluetooth speaker on top of my Tetrad with 4 mics turned on and was getting dropouts on the bluetooth, didn't check the output of the mics. In a show situation I don't use bluetooth so it's not a big issue for me.

Yes. Some solo singers use their phone or tablet to play backing tracks along with a radio mic. They like the lack of wires. So now we have compressed, downloaded for free MP3, played through a cheap Bluetooth system. That's progress. They probably had better sound quality from mini disk 10 or more years back.

Yes. Some solo singers use their phone or tablet to play backing tracks along with a radio mic. They like the lack of wires. So now we have compressed, downloaded for free MP3, played through a cheap Bluetooth system. That's progress. They probably had better sound quality from mini disk 10 or more years back.

Love my MiniDisks. Would love an MZ-RH1, but have you seen the price they are going for? Amazon link

Love my MiniDisks. Would love an MZ-RH1, but have you seen the price they are going for? Amazon link

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

My other half still has her minidisk player I bought for her in 2000 ... can't remember now if its a Sony but it's one of the pocketable ones the same size as that one. That's a lot of money.

Still have my "hi-fi seperates" Sony minidisk unit too. We still use them in our theatre for pre-show announcements.

Love my MiniDisks.

Hear, hear! Would use MD over CD any day if they could be written from a PC. I find PC-written CDs so temperamental in my CD players (rackmount professional ones at that, Tascam and the like). MD's still great for very quick sound effects because the minimum CD track time is 6 seconds and cueing up the next track seems to take so long with CDs. MD is rock solid and all players have auto-pause (single track play) by default. Not so with CD players.

Anyway I digress from the thread topic...

Kevin

I did a pro job for a famous band that used CDs. Turning on Christmas lights on a cold evening. Cd would not play. Took it out, wiped it, still wouldn't play. Luckily I had a mini disk back up. Never liked cd since. Also had some problems with early MP3 players.

Archived