Wireless Headset Mics on the Cheap

Weir69

You might not be able to use gaffa but you can certainly use various medical type tapes to help mics stay on - my preference is 3M Transpore, which you can buy cheaply online.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1457733780[/url]' post='535958']

Chaperones can't actually touch the kids either .......

Rubbish!

Along with many misunderstandings of the legislation involved, chaperones and other responsible adults are NOT prohibited from appropriate 'touching' (for want of a better word) of children and vulnerable adults. They are allowed to assist with the dressing of children where necessary and apply makeup, which could involve areas of the body other than the face etc.

What is NOT acceptable is inappropriate and/or unsupervised contact not necessary to the child's performance prep.

The problem is, these days, is that there is so much misinterpretation that it's as bad as (if not worse than) some of the crap that is spouted in the name of health and safety.

Chaperones can't actually touch the kids either .......

Rubbish!

Along with many misunderstandings of the legislation involved, chaperones and other responsible adults are NOT prohibited from appropriate 'touching' (for want of a better word) of children and vulnerable adults. They are allowed to assist with the dressing of children where necessary and apply makeup, which could involve areas of the body other than the face etc.

What is NOT acceptable is inappropriate and/or unsupervised contact not necessary to the child's performance prep.

The problem is, these days, is that there is so much misinterpretation that it's as bad as (if not worse than) some of the crap that is spouted in the name of health and safety.

You're right of course, my comment was slightly tongue in cheek. My wife and son are both Local Authority registered chaperones.

'Appropriate' is the key word. Having been a church youth worker for several years and now a foster carer its not illegal to 'touch' children (as horrible as the word is with all its connotations) in an appropriate fashion. Unsupervised and unnecessary to preparations for a play would both be deemed inappropriate. The problem these days is, post-Savile and church abuse, people think the only appropriate way to touch children is to not touch them at all. I can see their point, but surely can't work in the theatre setting?

Alan

Archived