Two way radio hire Leicester area

jbaileypro

Hi all,

Looking at advise for hiring some two way radios in the Midlands area. Looks like most places will send small numbers by courier so distance might not be so much of a factor.

It will be first time we need reliable radios with all the bells and whistles. Probably something like 8 to 12 radios with a small number of either ear pieces or speakermics.

Do people have any recommendations of companies and advice for getting the right radios. I've used the usual Motorola digital and analogue radios.

When you say bells and whistles, what do you actually want. In general, most radios can do what you want. The usual questions will be about battery life, multi-chargers rather than a pile of separate chargers run off 4 ways stacked up, and the range you want. If you go digital you will suffer slightly worse audio quality, possibly interference to audio kit with TDMA systems which in simplex mode pulse on and off quite unpleasantly if the RF gets into your audio system, and perhaps not benefit from the advanced routing and signalling.

It's nice being able to tell that radio 4 is calling, or even being cleverer still and putting people into groups, but in practice, a decent analogue radio from a hire company will be fine. They're unlikely to hire out problem radios.

Bells and whistles are the last thing you want!

My priority in a radio system is that I can press the big button on the side, and know that the people that need to hear me can, and then reply to me.

Everything else (groups, addressed radios, digital/analogue) is a side point to having something solid and reliable IMO.

Archived