Video Capture Software

dmxlights

Hi all,

I am looking for some video capture software to capture video from a video mixer that has usb out to a laptop.

I don't the mixer beside me I do know its a Roland I have tryed installing the software from Roland (video capture v2.1) for the mixer and it will not run on windows 10, but if I install the version for windows 7 will run but crashs alot. I have tryed every thing to stop it from crashing but no luck.

I would like to record to MPG4 or MPG2 at the best resolution I can. The Roland sofware for windows 7 max resolution was 1025x576.

I thought that the Roland mixer with USB only offered a streaming option which will be low quality?

The Roland mixers with USB put out what you put in its the software used for streaming that sets the quality from what I have worked out. If you want to stream high quality and HD you need to have a upload speed of about 4MB and thats for streaming to one pc. Thats why you woulf do low quality as you can stream to more people.

Find another laptop that doesn't have Windows 10? It's not always best to use the latest and greatest!

I may do this for a test on my Windows 7 laptop with the Roland own software on windows 7 max quality will be 1024x576. I also maybe try it on my brothers window 8 laptop to see what happens.

Archived