Stage flats

build?

I assume that you mean 6m high?

I used to work in a place that used 7M high masking flats and they are pretty unwieldy things and higher than an average hire flat.

all I can suggest is ring around ? try Scenery Salvage

If you could get two 3x2's and screw them together?

For pretty much any stage application that's really not a sensible solution. Unless these are destined to stay in the same place permanently and are properly braced, something that tall joined in the middle is going to be pretty fragile. And bracing them together will make them thicker than a standard flat and thus cause problems if they go onto a pack of flats.

AT set and stage in Bury might be able to help. I've had plenty of tall flats from them over the years.

Or we could make you some... But we've sold our proper lengthed truck and bought a shrunken version that we can only fit 4.5m panels on!

Im after 6x2 meter stage flats to hire. Easy to find smaller but struggling to find the right size. any one got any ideas?

Can I very politely ask Have you ever worked with flats of that size? and are they going to be static or will you need to strike and set them with any urgency! I ask as if you have not worked at that size sourcing them is only the start of the problem!

We have bunch of 5m x1.2 you could always make extension panels - Id certainly not suggest going any taller - they were a bugger to build and a complete pain to move. Also as you build bigger they inherently twist so unless you can construct in aluminium 5m is your max.

PS - try finding 5m lengths of straight timber to start off with!

Archived