Behringer P16-D (personal monitor distribution box)

timsabre

Hi guys, let me clarify as there seems to besome confusion on the matter. Every Music Group Prosumer customer is fully entitled to a 3 year extended warranty, but in order to extend the warranty to 3 yearsfrom the standard 2 years they must register their product on the Behringersite (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/Registered-product.aspx) within 90 days of purchase. Otherwise warranty will be for the standard 2year period. This is clearly stated in the warranty agreement.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is clearly stated in the warranty agreement.

I'm afraid I don't think it is all that clear and certainly we were not aware of the requirement to register within 60 days.

All the packaging and documentation is covered in "3 year warranty" graphics which I assumed meant just what it said, not 2 years (small print: product registration required for 3 years). Who actually reads through the warranty agreement when they get a new product?

Most manufacturers try and get you to "register" their product in order to spam you with literature thereafter and I just assumed this was the same.

since x32 release I thought the need to register to qualify for 3 years was common knowledge - it's certainly been talked about on this forum before.

as far as I can recall thomann offer a 3 year warranty on products sold through them - but they have to go back to them.

I was certainly aware of the need to register for the extra years warrantee..... OTOH, I can't remember if I registered my X32 Rack in time (I did register the Compact, that I do know). http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

This is clearly stated in the warranty agreement.

Great. What a good place to hide such an important piece of detail

So I've just registerd a X32 compact, two S16s, a DCX, and a P16-D, all bought this year, only one of which is within the 90 day period. The automated response doesn't differ from products registered within the 90 days, or not. So, fingers crossed it'll all be irrelevant, and all this gear will work beyond the three years of the warranty that it may, or may not have.

Isn't there some new (ish) EU legislation that makes the manufacturer responsible for kit potentially well after the official warranty period expires? Something along the lines of expected life of the product?

Some friends of mine enforced this on PC World / Apple and got a 6 yr old iMac repaired foc (and hard disk replaced).

Regards

Isn't there some new (ish) EU legislation that makes the manufacturer responsible for kit potentially well after the official warranty period expires? Something along the lines of expected life of the product?

Bet that only applies to domestic customers not commercial

Being totally hypothetical. . How would MG know when you actually purchased the equipment?

As many retail outlets will have bulk purchased the stock and had it stood in their warehouse for months.

You need a proof of purchase in the form of receipt I presume.

Now the majority of us on here ARE trade suppliers and sell items to end users don't we.. We also have the facilities to issue receipts don't we ?

What if "we" sold the kit as a brand new "open box" product complete with warranty to "?somebody else ?" A proof of purchase would of course be generated and supplied would it not ?

I'm being totally hypothetical of course ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to conclude this story with a happy ending, Thomann organised for the faulty unit to be shipped to Music Group in Kidderminster, and we received a brand new replacement unit less than a week later. So although the beginning was a bit shaky, the end result was very satisfactory.

I'll read the guarantee terms in more detail in future...

Ideally don't understand the grumpiness? Behringer offer a three year limited warranty, which they don't have to do at all as in UK law the responsibility is the sellers. Their only requirement is you tell them you own the item and give them the serial number within a fixed period. Most people ignore guarantee cards assuming they will be used for future marketing happy that their consumer rights with the retailer are enough. In this case Thomann also offer three years warranty and met their obligation. The item was fixed in the UK and it's sorted. Manufacturers warranties have been obsolete since the 70s when the problem was passed to the seller. I just don't see a problem. For what it's worth I contacted behringer to see if I had registered and I hadn't registered anything with them. I was pleasant and I'm now quite happy.

Archived