What colour should I paint my Green Room?

Bryson

Title says it all really...

What colour? Why?

(700-seat touring venue. Mainly Orchestral, dance, theatre. Lots of dance recitals in the spring. Not much rock music. Green Room is about 12'x15'. It has a brown leather couch.)

I like at least one wall in a powder colour like the Farrow and Ball range. If you do two walls in a colour then make them facing walls with white or magnolia on the others. We had the opposing walls with windows in Wedgewood but I woke up one day and her indoors had turned them a pale green for summer. God knows what they will be next time she gets insomnia which could well be next week.

Living with an artist gets confusing on times!

A very light yellow...known to induce calmness and happiness/contentment (and it goes with a brown couch).

Or go with that ugly slumlord/asylum green so nobody wants to hang around in there when they should be working! :)

Green of course ! in deference to the traditional name of that place.

A bright or intense green is a bit much for a whole room, but a light muted green, perhaps subjectively halfway between light grey and primary green might suit, perhaps with one wall in a deep moss green. Green if often considered to be a pleasingly relaxing colour, correctly IMHO provided that it is a light and muted green. Small areas of wood work that need gloss painting could reasonably be in a relatively bright green.

I'd go for the grey or light blue. Not green, a previous venue had a green room painted yep green and training courses were held there regularly. I found it really hard concentrating longer than 1 hour whilst in the room. It had very large windows so it wasn't that the space lacked light

In many Green Rooms there are so many notice boards, shelves, additional notices, cupboards, posters from shows 20 years ago etc that not much wall is actually visible. I would go for white.

What ever colour it is go for cheep, repeatable and washable. You don't want to find that when the area near the kettle finally wants repainting, after scrubbing no longer gets the spills off, you can not get anything to match.

Archived