House tab trim...

Ynot

I'm looking for some trim to add to a pair of retired house tabs that we're going to use as a faux set upstage, but don't really know what to search for...

The sort of thing I want is like the photo - doesn't have to be exactly like this but in the same ballpark...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/Ynot_01/House%20tabs%20generic_zpsjrmbb270.jpg

I'm sure it will have a name, but blowed if I can come up with anything :)

I'm going to ask a couple of the drape suppliers anyway, but before I do, can anyone suggest what I'm asking them for in advance?

E2A for clarity - it's the yellow 'stuff' at the bottom :)

Not had a lot of luck Googling that as yet... :)

(Fleabay has lots of it but only for dressmaking, so not anywhere near long enough for a tabs set...)

And an update...

Best quote so far and by far the cheapest is £200.

That's per METRE!

(Plus VAT and delivery).

So to cover 2 10 metre tabs is well over 2 grand.

So - that ain't gonna happen, not for dressing old tabs for one show...

Surely a decent haberdashery should be able to sort you out with something? A quick search bring up this sort of thing - maxes out at a 10cm drop but at ~£3 per metre. Might need a more upmarket shop for longer drops or at that price you could perhaps layer up a few strips to get the required coverage.

Caveat: Drapes really aren't my field!

I did something similar, not frilly dangly bits but I guess a golden voile ? at least I think it was, we only had enough to do it straight but I'm sure pleated it would look nice, like one of those double back pleats.

It might have been some gold Velour but I don't think it was . I wouldn't "shread" Velour to make that look thought it will look a bit crap and fold on its self.

This http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTIQUE-GOLD-BLACK-TWO-TONE-ORGANZA-VOILE-CURTAIN-WEDDING-BRIDAL-DRESS-FABRIC-/231309981534

Surely a decent haberdashery should be able to sort you out with something?

I think the problem is the size we'd need. I can find loads of options up to about 15 to 20cm, but that really would look lost on the drapes. Anything significantly longer also needs to be fuller and thus the cost spirals...

:(

I was talking to my chinese supplier today - and asked if anyone in his building did this kind of stuff - he didn't know but thought one of his contacts knew somebody. I've explained what you want and if he gets back to me - I'll pass the info on Tony.

That's the point - 150mm (6") is just going to look lost on a 15 foot tab set.

I'm looking at least at 12 to 18 inches, which is why the cost is shooting up.

I've shot a mail off to Paul's contact in China though, so waiting to see what that brings

Six inch is pretty tiny - 300-450mm would be more typical, wouldn't it? Considering how wide and tall these are, the whole thing needs to be much more chunky - look at the image attached, these are 280mm long, top to bottom, and each individual fringe is about 5mm diameter. Not remotely the same stuff is it?

post-19-0-39766600-1436790229_thumb.png

You could try including 'furnishing' in your searches but I think it will always be expensive.

For dressmaking weight fringe Barnett Lawson have it up to 600mm. 450mm is £6.66/m +vat and p&p. Their website is annoying and does not show all their stock so you are probably better to phone them. Perhaps you could use 2 layers on top of each other to help the look.

Archived