Radio Mics - Ch 69 is back!

paulears

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

You can use a G3 E band licence free in the UK, but only at a small portion at the very top - 863 - 865MHz

I just checked our licence and 823 - 832 MHz are permitted as part of the Shared Licence so you can use that bit of the E band range as well, but should pay around £75 a year (compared to using 863-865 for free)

If you were planning on buying a licence though it'd be more usual to buy the GB range in 606-613 as the use is covered by the same licence - for some reason the Sennheiser charts list 823-832 as not usable in the UK though so I'm not sure if the charts aren't up to date or if I've missed something

• 5 weeks later...
... for some reason the Sennheiser charts list 823-832 as not usable in the UK though so I'm not sure if the charts aren't up to date or if I've missed something

My licence lists these frequencies as well as the Ch38 ones, so I would venture the opinion that it's Sennheiser who are not up to speed here.

Archived