GaffGun

Alec97

As has probably been said before, I know our industry is probably characterised by our use of gaffer tape and it is certainly an extremely useful item. However, rather than have a device that can waste use half a roll of manufacturer specific gaffer tape at a time, I'd prefer to not run cables across the floor wherever possible! Cabling gaffered down (say) in front of a fire exit - however neatly - is still potentially a trip hazard...

Like most on here I suspect, I love my gadgets and the Gaffgun looks great. However the more I think about it the more I think is it really that useful? That video where he goes across the front of the stage you think great. But then I think. what about the wedges and wired mics that I always have along the front. How often to I really have a clear run of more than 2 metres without other cables peeling of to other directions. 10 out of 10 on my gadget 'o' meter 2 out of 10 on the would I really actually use it. 0 out of 10 on would I really fork out that kind of money on it.

As has probably been said before, I know our industry is probably characterised by our use of gaffer tape and it is certainly an extremely useful item. However, rather than have a device that can waste use half a roll of manufacturer specific gaffer tape at a time, I'd prefer to not run cables across the floor wherever possible! Cabling gaffered down (say) in front of a fire exit - however neatly - is still potentially a trip hazard...

There are times you invariably do have to stick it down and there is simply no other option. It should be for those times. People tape cables down a lot more than they should do as a result of bad planning, bad preparation, or just laziness. But sometimes, it is the only thing you can do, and for that, it should help. I think also if you can make the roll fit using an adaptor, it might be useful for things like dance floor tape where you want to keep it firmly pressed into the floor, and do long straight lines quickly.

Archived