LED worklights

AndyJones

Hey guys

I'm looking to buy some led work lights that I can use outside when clearing up gigs and fireworks displays. I want something easily portable,wireless, bright, and re-chargeable that I can put in the boot of my car. Does anyone have any suggestions? Plenty of things on Google, but I'd like some real life suggestions!

Thanks,

AndyJones

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all our tents travel with half a dozen of these ( http://www.chinaledstore.com/20w-600lm-4400mah-mobile-rechargeable-led-flood-light-p-11.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwrNeiBRD3goG_1s-0_XMSJADuGQQcCU7JoXnWK1JAFZs1v1MBSB2Kn9Av2FGEgpl8SQVmAhoCjdnw_wcB&zenid=3aedb952a89bca438c38a8d7691c48ac ) - other brands are available including one from B&Q.

Around 3 hours continuous light, portable, practical, can be recharged from mains or in the car & are lightweight enough that you can stand / cable-tie them to anything if you need a higher light. We give them some fairly significant use (2 complete cycles per week, year round) and seem to be replacing them after 2 seasons (18 months) of use because the battery life isn't as good. Could probably just replace the batteries but since a complete unit only costs £20 it's not worth the time / hassle.

Similar product available from CPC, but with a real rating of 10W! (See bigclive's thread about LEDs from ebay).

http://cpc.farnell.com/_/ledrcf10/floodlight-led-10w-rechargeable/dp/LA0518587?Ntt=la0518587

I use two of the 20W (actually 20W as well) lights similar to Boatmans link. I bolt them onto a standard site tripod, which also has hooks and magnets on so it can be mounted anywhere I need them. Pretty darn good I must say.

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your responses! The Peli area lights look perfect, but at around £600 they're a bit steep! I have found a 20w flood on Ebay which seems to fit my needs, so I have ordered one to try it out.

Thanks!

AndyJones

I just got an ebay 10W LED floodlight with PIR today and check ed the earth was intact. It was, but the unit promptly tripped the RCD when plugged in. They'd pinched the PIR switched feed between the back housing and cover, and bitten right through the crimp to the metal. If that fitting had not been earthed it would have appeared to work.... With a live case whenever the PIR turned the light on.... :o

On a plus note, after fixing that issue the light is actually earthed and a genuine 10W unit.

Hi, could I speak to the Maplin manager please? No you can't.

Umm, I got an electric shock off this light. No you didn't.

Could I return it for a refund please? No.

I have rights as a consumer. Do you have the receipt?

Yes. Well no you still can't have a refund.

Why not? Did the light work? Yes, but it gave me a shock.

Well if it worked then it's fine. No refund for you. Goodbye.

Archived