Very Budget Back Projection

djmatthill

Hello

We need to Rear - project a 70" video image using a standard 2500 Lumen Projector

Here is the hard part - We have no suitable screen for rear projection and need to buy something suitable ...

BUT , Budgets are very tight ... Can anyone suggest anything they have used in the past that we could use.

I was thinking of something like Correx board etc or something widely available for under £30ish ?

The video image dosnt have to be HD Perfect but just watchable.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks

If the backdrop is blacked out then a poor quality bedsheet just about did it inside a canvas dome on a sunny day. Not brilliant but good enough for a wedding party of 120 to get the jokes during the speeches. That was my old Benq which is (I think) 2200 lumens and 2000:1 contrast.

Uh... correx board? The stuff with lines and compartments inside? I think not... even a bedsheet would be better than that.

Based on some of your latest posts, I think you need to learn when to say no, this is out of my depth / you need to get more money.

David

Thanks, Stuart, the OP will need only one £5 shower curtain and job jobbed.

Her indoors just said we have spares here already and checking the price of rear projection material, that size works out at £107. Two extra eyelets, four light duty bungees and two breeze blocks and we have a £100 discount screen for wedding marquees.

See you guys when you get to the Caymans.

Uh... correx board? The stuff with lines and compartments inside? I think not... even a bedsheet would be better than that.

Based on some of your latest posts, I think you need to learn when to say no, this is out of my depth / you need to get more money.

David

Hi David

My last few projects have been solely for personal / family use by myself and colleagues.

I`d never dream of putting a shower curtain or bed sheet into a professional install job.

I`ve taken the advice from other posts and bought a cheap white shower curtain from Wilkos to experiment with.

I`ll post back with the results / pictures when ive tried it...

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have erected my Shower Curtain rear projection screen and I must say that for £3 the results are very good!

I`m using an old Sanyo Projector I bought 10 years ago and the image quality is excellent.

I have a 70" image on a screen that cost less than a bacon sandwich at M&S.

Bargain... Wilko Basics Shower curtain AKA 70" Rear projection screen :)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Why do you need to improvise with shower curtains etc if you have £30 to spend? £30 will buy you sufficient Rosco BP material (eg see Flint's website) for a 70" picture, and you can make a simple frame out of timber.

Archived