A-Leda B.Eye

sbrebo

Hi!I'd like to share this review with you about Clay Paky A.LedaB.Eye.

Few days ago I had the opportunity to be one of the first who have been able to test and understand how this new fixture works.

The new special lenses combined with the revolutionary rotation system creates a unique and original effect.

Zoom is very good and I think that this fixture is good for effects,backlight, architectural, pixel mapping and... why not... frontal ;-)

more on my blog http://www.walterlut...ess/leda-b-eye/

Someone else tested it? What do you think about?

I'm struggling to find the control channels needed to drive one of these phenomenal looking pieces of kit. I'm guessing a large number of DMX channels for the basics, and presumably some need for pixel mapping drivers maybe...?

I wouldn't mind betting they'd be buggers to program in large numbers unless there are some basic program settings to call on...

There are a few different modes depending on whether you want full control, built-in shapes or just a simple fixture. Obviously ease of use depends mostly on the console. For sure you'd probably have to be a bit nuts to try individual cell control without pixel mapping capabilities.

See here for an idea of the control options.

I went over to Clay Paky to help write the shape mode concept, as most manufacturers macro modes are too clunky, and are unsuitable for most shows.. So the shape mode gives you lots of useable efects and you can change the foreground and background colour of each shape as well as most importantly you can cross fade in and out of an effect as well as into an effect... Incidentally the rotating lens that produces those clever beam effects at the front was discovered by mistake - a fantastic mistake that has created a unique light!

GrandMA_the_2nd is correct, the spinning lens is really unique and gives the fixtures a whole new dimension of effects to play with. The shape mode is the one to use though. When we first got the A.LEDA series the shape mode was not implemented in the software so we would demo the fixture in full extended mode, but since then we only ever use them in shape mode. Our PLASA stand was programmed in shape mode, it works almost like an effects engine within the fixture and makes programming very quick and easy.

As for cost the K20 has a list price of £10,500 but Clay Paky offer very good discounts in the UK so I would recommend talking to one of our dealers to get a more accurate price, or get in touch with me directly

Another newcomer in this area is (not surprisingly) from the Martin stable -

Doesn't look to be quite as versatile as the B-Eye, but still does more than the Aura...

Interesting that it has the same rotating lens "innovation" as the Clay Paky one. I wonder who had the idea first...

Archived