Is this doing someone a favour

Krossteck

What I may do when I get the chance is to destroy the fake Shure I bought to demonstrate how dangerous this is. I'm thinking a youtube video. The only bit would be that I don't expect the capsule to fail in a way that's visually interesting. To push the point home, it would need to 'fail' a bit more theatrically. Then maybe finish with a voltmeter showing the housing to be live! I suspect that some people would need convincing of the real danger.

Maybe for effect in your video, sprinkle a little flash powder around the capsule....?

:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I may do when I get the chance is to destroy the fake Shure I bought to demonstrate how dangerous this is. I'm thinking a youtube video. The only bit would be that I don't expect the capsule to fail in a way that's visually interesting. To push the point home, it would need to 'fail' a bit more theatrically. Then maybe finish with a voltmeter showing the housing to be live! I suspect that some people would need convincing of the real danger.

In my mind I'm seeing a stage floor with two or three XLR females laying there - one of which is the live one. Somebody grabs it and nearly plugs it into the microphone. Then what really happens.

Any comments?

You are so right, why do people always say things like "if some muppet plugs it into the wrong socket" you don't have to be a "muppet" to plug a cable in to the wrong place it happens all the time and if you throw tiredness or being late into the equation this cable is a recipe for DEATH !!!

Good idea Paul and do the video in slo mo if you can.

All joking comments from me aside someone could be killed here so I could not give a toss if destroying this cable offends or upsets anyone or is seen as damaging their property!

Mains should not be going anywhere near connectors that are used for audio!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

Thanks to everyone for the replies to my post.

The show has been off for 2 weeks, due to holidays.

On Saturday night set up, the offending connector has changed to a Neutrik mains connector. ?

Common sense has prevailed.

Thanks again George

Archived