lighting error

audio_sound

I have a problem with the lighting, I do not know the type of lighting ....

when I operate the console DMX, there is a problem with the lighting, what I do not program in accordance with the results like this picture

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6647/img4355yv.jpg

, and is more severe when the blackout lighting stays on does not want to blackout ....

is there something wrong with the programming DMX or there is a problem with the lights?

thank you .....

I do not think we can help you much without more information.

At the very least we would need to know...

1) The make and model of your lighting desk.

2) The make and model of the lights.

Also, what fault finding have you tried?

Does your desk have the facility to manually control the lights? If so, what happens when you manually control them?

Please come back to us with much more information.

We had a similar problem we have zero88 betapack 3 dimmers and the triacs on 2 of channels where knackered so the lights where on all the time.

Youyr problem is the 100k resitors ageing with time. The fault will be either 3 and 4 or 5 and 6 stuck on. Its a fairly simple mend, but as you are a school find someone to do it for you. While mending one resistor change the whole lot. It should give maybe another five years life

We had a similar problem we have zero88 betapack 3 dimmers and the triacs on 2 of channels where knackered so the lights where on all the time.

Youyr problem is the 100k resitors ageing with time. The fault will be either 3 and 4 or 5 and 6 stuck on. Its a fairly simple mend, but as you are a school find someone to do it for you. While mending one resistor change the whole lot. It should give maybe another five years life

I have sorted our dimmers but thanks.

That's a common enough problem with BetaPack 1's but not with Beta 3's - the design has changed to remove the problem. If you do get channels stuck on with Beta 3's then it likely is the triac gone - but to be honest, it's a good few years since I saw any Beta with a failed triac.

The most common problem I have seen with Betapack 3s is the settings in the menus! - no output=TopSet at zero, channel stuck on=preheat at 100%. I have seen other problems but these are the most common

Dave

Archived