Sooundcraft Spirit Folio 12/2 - missing power supply

cry_ss

A much cheaper connector, also available from CPC, could be used - and then you could use a PSU intended for a small Phonic or Behringer mixer, many of which use the matching connector and the same AC voltages.

Circular Multipole Connector

If you are wiring this yourself, connect 0 volt to the centre of the 3 pins (pin 2). The wiring colours inside the mixer should make the required connections obvious.

Cable mounting socket connector

Yeah, the problem is just to see the wiring, it is not enough to remove the back plate, but the inner panel needs to be unscrewed too, that is really time consuming, that's why I asked.

So now I guess this one would do the job right?:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-VOLT-1-3AMP-AC-AC-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTER-18V-1-3A-NEW-/380239676210?nav=SEARCH

You would need to check with vendor but that looks like a single 18V transformer. You need a centre tapped transformer (18-0-18). There ARE 3 wires on the output lead but one of them might be connected to mains earth. As I say, ask the vendor whether it is 18-0-18.

Dave

It my be a silly question, but have you tried contacting Soundcraft to buy the real thing? Their spares service is excellent and not overpriced.

As you appear to be in Australia you need to contact Jeff Bolt at the Jands Pty office in Mascot NSW.

Link

• 2 weeks later...

A much cheaper connector, also available from CPC, could be used - and then you could use a PSU intended for a small Phonic or Behringer mixer, many of which use the matching connector and the same AC voltages.

Circular Multipole Connector

If you are wiring this yourself, connect 0 volt to the centre of the 3 pins (pin 2). The wiring colours inside the mixer should make the required connections obvious.

Cable mounting socket connector

Slight aside...

Are the above connectors compatible with Yamaha MG series? I've been needing to replace connectors on two for a while due to the cord grips having lost a screw

Yes - these are the same connectors, so order with confidence!

I always put a dab or thread locking compound on these screws - superglue could be used, if you never wish to take them apart again. This is not quite a daft as it sounds, as any future damage to the connector means that you just cut it off and replace it.

The Yamaha PA-10 power supply, intended for use with the MG series mixers, would also be fine with most other mixers needing 18 - 0 - 18 volt AC and is fitted with the same 3 pin circular connector.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem, I lost the PSU for my Souncraft Notepad 124FX and can't get another one. I was wondering if this Behringer PSU5 would do the trick?

https://www.boomerangsounds.co.uk/product.php/3621/behringer-psu5-uk

It has similar Output Voltage: 2x 17.5V AC and Output Current: 2x 650mA, and the connector looks like mine, though it's difficult to guess the size.

Further to this, it seems that it is not possible to get the proprietary Soundcraft connector for this, so it would involve replacing the connector at the desk to fit it, which I can do. What part would be needed, would it fit in the desk (I can enlarge holes but am thinking of space) or would I be looking at replacing both the plug and the jack with something different??

I used one of those little 3 pole things with a locking ring. CPC AV15047 and AV19316. The panel mount plug has a small enough footprint to fit inside and it has the advantage that it locks. Actually there's a thread on here which includes those two parts and a Behringer desk - maybe that's the psu you want???

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=54311

Edit to add - just realised it's THIS thread! Time for bed...☺

Edited by DrV

I used one of those little 3 pole things with a locking ring. CPC AV15047 and AV19316. The panel mount plug has a small enough footprint to fit inside and it has the advantage that it locks. Actually there's a thread on here which includes those two parts and a Behringer desk - maybe that's the psu you want???

http://www.blue-room...showtopic=54311

Edit to add - just realised it's THIS thread! Time for bed...☺

Ta. I hadn't noticed the connector reference when I read that post, so I didn't follow the links! It was the Behringer PSU that attracted my attention. There are several of them of different voltages etc and I wanted to confirm that I had my eye on the right one. I suspect I have.

• 4 years later...