Pioneer PA speakers

back_ache

We're in the middle of a nightclub install when the owner has announced he is exclusivly going to be using pioneer pa speakers throughout the venue.

The choice of speakers we have already spec'd (and mostly installed) is based our experience of what works, and we know nothing about pioneer PA and worryingly neither does google (just studio monitors and car stuff).

Has anyone come across these and can point us at some spec's or are we guinea pigs?

On what grounds is he asserting this change? It might be a good point to respectfully ask to continue with your plan, or walk away if you're uncomfortable with this.

EDIT: If he does still insist, and you'd rather not bail, then the onus is on him to provide you with the necessary datasheets.

I think you should prepare a quote using the TAD reference 1 - they're £50 grand a pair. Ought to sound quite nice if you're in the right spot in the club. You'll need to allow for extra bouncers tostop the punters walking out with them, though.

Maybe he got it all wrong and means Panasonic, whose professional (PA) side is Ramsa. But still, they are maybe not what you need.

Yep, I second the above answers, some guys think they have the great insight, but have actually no idea what they're talking about. :P

I'm a bit concerned to hear that you're midway through the install and he's springing this on you. Is this because he didn't communicate this to you in the first place? Or you didn't communicate what you'd be using? Or he's just come onto the scene and wants to change things?

Whichever way, I'd have thought that there should be something in the install contract that covers what happens - either there is a large fee for using his new gear / you pull out because you can't guarantee the quality of the install / you refuse to install the Pioneer (?) gear.

Curious to know more details :)

David

I think you should prepare a quote using the TAD reference 1 - they're £50 grand a pair. Ought to sound quite nice if you're in the right spot in the club. You'll need to allow for extra bouncers tostop the punters walking out with them, though.

I don't know about 50 grand a pair but I know Opus Audio use a TAD 2" in there AT2000 cab and a new Dia is something stupid like 5-700 pounds.

What percentage have you stipulated for cancellation of contract?

Was there a tendering process or a simple estimate?

Did you buy the speakers (those you have already installed) on the specification agreed by the client?

Was the spec actually agreed on before contracts were signed?

Were contracts actually signed/exchanged?

Who is expected to supply the replacement speakers?

Did you get any MIF (cash in advance)?

Too many questions, of which the above are just a few, for a sensible answer other than...What Pioneer speakers????

The geezer may well have heard some home hi-fi and think that is the quality he wants. He almost certainly doesn't have your expertise on PA otherwise he wouldn't have hired you. Be gentle with him.

Not sure about potatoes and life rafts unless it is something to do with Potato Jones, Welsh legend.

One we lost a couple of weeks ago had a nice bit - re-install existing loudspeaker system, and supply additional units to ensure full coverage on the balcony. What were the ones we were being asked to reinstall? No idea was the response. How can we quote for more of the same then? why are you making heavy weather of this? Speakers are all the same! I'm not that bothered we didn't get this one - a real high budget, but fudged approach, and far to close to home - although the regular visits to reset everything could have been good as an income stream!

I didnt realize Pioneer still did PA speakers. They certainly used to in the mid 1990's, and jolly good they were too! They did full-range cabs, subwoofers and power amps.

http://www.karaoke.de/Pio7000s.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/kevvywevvywoo/sv5500W.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/kevvywevvywoo/p2.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/kevvywevvywoo/p3.jpg

Archived