Rechargeable Radio Mics

Brian

Does anyone know of a licence free hand-held radio mic where you can recharge the transmitter batteries in-situ?

In an ideal world I'd like a system where the transmitter just drops onto a recharging stand like an electric toothbrush does.

Yes, I know I could buy some rechargeable batteries and a charger but then someone has to remember to put them on charge or to swap them before use.

I wouldn't touch it with the preverbal barge pole.

At that price and the way it looks, you might get 2 full charges out of it before it breaks.

Sennheiser G2 with the optional rechargeable base station and batteries all the way.

Not that I can justify the cost of the batteries and charger myself, I use the uniross Hybrio batteries as I don't find it any hardship swapping them over. I get a good 6-8 hours out of them.

The Sennheiser kit will out last the ones recommended over and over and you can pick up some real bargains right now with all the kit swapping going on because of the switch to ch 38.

I had some mipro beltpacks on Panto 2 years ago that had rechargeable battery packs. A quick check of the mipro website reveals that the handheld mics also appear to have the same facility. The belt packs were quite robust, and survived a month long panto run, so if the build quality of the handhelds is as good, it should be alright.

They are digital mics, so not sure of the licensing implications. Fuzion supplied the radio kit, and after a quick google Fuzion appear to stock most of the range.

HTH

Neil

Is there any reason you cannot just put in two AA rechargables but use the official charging base? Not sure I can be bothered with that route as Procells wholesale are pretty cheap and as others have said you get an easy 8 hours out of them ie two shows

Is there any reason you cannot just put in two AA rechargables but use the official charging base? Not sure I can be bothered with that route as Procells wholesale are pretty cheap and as others have said you get an easy 8 hours out of them ie two shows

For many including me, it's not the cost aspect of procells but the environmental aspect of batteries. I know a company who changes batteries every 2 hours regardless, because back in the day he had a dodgy batch that hied after 2.5 hours. The rechargeable's I use, are about 3 times the cost of procells (the last time I really checked) and give a good 6 - 8 hours and there 18 months old.

You can't get better than that.

Does anyone know of a licence free hand-held radio mic where you can recharge the transmitter batteries in-situ?

In an ideal world I'd like a system where the transmitter just drops onto a recharging stand like an electric toothbrush does.

Yes, I know I could buy some rechargeable batteries and a charger but then someone has to remember to put them on charge or to swap them before use.

Sennheiser Evolution G3 hand held transmitters, including all the SKM 100-8x5 versions, when used with the BA 2015 rechargeable packs can be 'dropped in' to the L 2015 charger using the LA 2 adaptor:

Evolution G3 Accessories

The frequency range E versions (823MHz to 865MHz) of Evolution G3 can be operated in the licence exempt range 863MHz to 865MHz. If you fit standard rechargeable batteries you can't use this charging arrangement because it would allow you to accidentally 'charge' dry cells which might be rather hazardous, so it only works with the Sennheiser BA 2015 packs.

Archived