PLASA Meet & Greet

CharlieH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd be surprised; I'm hoping to buy a PC wing :)

I think what Ross meant was that you're very unlikely to be putting substantial business in the direction of the manufacturers, and aren't going to be at the top of their list of people to woo. The profit from a one-off purchase of a PC wing is insignificant compared to the profit gained from someone specifying a very expensive new install, or building relationships with a company who are able to put a lot of regular business in the way of the manufacturer in question.

On a side note, where do the kids of today find the money to buy these things? I'm only 22, but there is no way that I could have magically found the money to buy clever things like PC wings when I was at school. Nor would I have wanted to, come to think of it.

On a side note, where do the kids of today find the money to buy these things? I'm only 22, but there is no way that I could have magically found the money to buy clever things like PC wings when I was at school. Nor would I have wanted to, come to think of it.

I guess it's the advantage of living with your parents... or possibly spending student loans. Pretty much every time I get paid for a job the money is gone same day (bills, rent shopping, dentists visit).I thought I was going to have some spare cash after the festival but instead I've got 2 broken teeth that need fixed and I urgently need a new pair of specs.

Hi Paulears, Doug, and Elliot.

I must apologise for being too enthusiastic about my product on your site. This has been perceived as aggressive marketing. This was not my intention, but I can see how its come over. I apologise unreservedly.

Paul, thankyou for the "don't knock it till you've tried it" posting. Ive had no complaints from attendee's so far. Yes, the course isn't cheap, but yes, those who have done it have found it value for money. Ive had no disgruntled demands for refunds or aftershow mutinies. Quite the opposite.

In answer to the broad question - "just who the hell is this guy" ? Fair comment. As you'll see on the "about" section of the site, I'm a crewman with above average communication skills who became frustrated at the lack of basic knowledge amongst newbies, and decided to do something about it. In many ways it really is as simple as that.

Finally, accreditation. Another fair point. Crewclass works closely with the National Skills Academy, The Backstage Academy, and SJP. Its known to SMA, TMA, and ABTT, although we do need to develop those relationships further. 6 months ago I was indeed a lone wolf, now I'm in dialogue with these organisations and it's all positive. They have recognised that I am "for real", this is not a get-rich-quick scheme, and the whole concept is worth pushing forward. I invite you to attend the next Crewclass and check it out for yourselves.

Its all about dialogue. I was pushy, I'm sorry. Lets talk.

Best.

Simon Lovelace

Course Developer

Crewclass

Archived