Pulse PAR 56

Thomas1987

Hi all,

Looking to install a load of cheap led pars, and the Pulse Par 56's caught my eye. (http://onecall.farnell.com/pulse/led-56-ec...lack/dp/DP30505)

Anyone used them before? Vaguely reliable?

Also, can you daisy chain the power (as with iPix) or do I need to split the feed at each unit (looking to run around 60 in a row, so ideally not wanting 58 splitters!)

Many thanks

Dave

I bought a couple to try out some time go and had a number of the green LEDs fail first time out on both units. In fairness, CPC repaired them without any fuss, but it has put me off buying any more. They don't have a power loop-through and in terms of brightness, no better or worse than any other similarly specified and priced units that I've seen.

The "green led issue" was only related to the first batch. This has been resolved failure rate on these is now down to less than 0.5% from the last two batches. Also if anybody has the MK1 version we can offer full PCBs for swapout.

We havent found a way of power in/out on these yet as space/layout is an issue with the traditional style par can.

p.s. If you are looking to buy 60 drop me a PM with your phone number and we can talk offline about pricing etc.

yep we got some of them,as has been mentioned no power loop through,but for 20 quid what do you expect,and is nothing a T line wont sort out.One usefull feater is the 4 switches that allow various stand alone options.If your running 60 on DMX your going to need to split the DMX,and depending on how leaky they are you may need to split the mains up to stop em taking out earth trips,saying that 16 of em aint caused any problems yetl.

I am very envious right now...... ;)

LED Par cans for 22 pounds...... ($50 ish) not even the chinese stuff off eBay can compete with that.

would love to get my grubby little hands on one and then rip it apart and see 'whats it's made of'.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I notice that prices on the Onecall website are significantly lower than CPC for many AV items, yet the product codes are identical. Our resident CPC rep seems to also have Onecall product responsibility. Can anyone register at Onecall to benefit from these prices?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I notice that prices on the Onecall website are significantly lower than CPC for many AV items, yet the product codes are identical. Our resident CPC rep seems to also have Onecall product responsibility. Can anyone register at Onecall to benefit from these prices?

Unfortunately (for you, not for me, cos I work at a Uni!) Onecall is purely for higher education and research councils etc. It's a contract negotiated by NUWPEC (National Universities Working Party on Electronic Components) and gives a significant discount (and free delivery) on CPC & Farnell products in return for "preferred supplier" status.

would love to get my grubby little hands on one and then rip it apart and see 'whats it's made of'.

3 PCB's - one power, one DMX and the third populated with 153 x 5mm LEDs

Dosent sound to bad then. Nothing horribly complex. and Light weight (haveing a PCB instead of a transformer). And 5mm LED's hmmmmm* I wonder if that would be bright enough. But if the OP is going to have 60 of them then definately I think.

I want a Par can that cheap down here!

*TM Ynot

Archived