Android apps.

Ynot

You get used to the battery life. It's not great, but have a charges for home, work and the car. The thing I now find annoying about the Desire is how little internal memory the phone actually has! I keep running out of memory when I only have around 15 apps stored in the internal memory.

Can't you store them on the internal SD card?

If that is also full can't you fit a larger SD card?

Cheers

Gerry

I've tried this Gerry. Alot of apps still don't have 'move to SD' software implemented on them which is a shame. Adobe flash player for example cannot be moved to SD card and it uses over 11MB. I've moved as much as I can, cleared the cache from most apps yet I still struggle with internal memory. My SD card however has 4GB of space left to fill!

pjb304: I've also heard the idea that moving or deleting applications can leave partial memory bytes behind.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah thanks Hallam, I'm sure that'll come in handy! When are the other companies going to catch up and develop apps for their devices/desks? Android is becoming more and more popular by the day, not quite apple yet but I can see it over taking it in the near future.

Recently bought a HTC Desire.

Just installed MyPhoneExplorer (Google for it). Client on the PC and app on the phone (all free)

Great for syncrionising calendares, address books etc.

Cheers

Gerry

• 3 years later...

Some how this topic has not been updated for a while which surprises me unless there is another topic somewhere.

I just got (last week) the new google cam (only on kitkat) it works much like streetview cam so you can create 360 images of whatever you want. I have done a couple of our show that I need to upload at some point.

The downside is sharing is only on google+ or a 2nd app which has minimal t&c but say "you upload and we own that image" which is not cool.

From the play store, I got:

"swatchbook" - covers Rosco, Lee, Gam and Apollo

"stagehand" - collection of useful stage utilities such as color calculator for getting roughly the RGB levels you want, dipswitch calc, swatch book, beam calculator etc.

"frequensee" - audio spectrum analyser. OK - just gives a real time graph of the sound spectrum. Bit of a toy, really.

Also the invaluable aRFR if you have an ETC desk.

EDIT - Gah - old thread resurrection caught me out.

One of the most useful apps I recently added was Swiss army knife. It's just a small collection of fast access apps for practical things like flashlight, unit converter, timer, stopwatch, bubble level, calculator, magnifier, mirror and calibratable ruler. The best bit is that it has been written leanly to use minimum memory space and requires no dubious permissions.

• 5 months later...
Also the invaluable aRFR if you have an ETC desk

Invaluable is not the word I'd use, unless they've drastically improved the app since I played with it a few months ago. I had hoped to use the app to help with programming moving lights, but I found that it didn't allow me to do much more than what our ELC focus hand does.

Also the invaluable aRFR if you have an ETC desk

Invaluable is not the word I'd use, unless they've drastically improved the app since I played with it a few months ago. I had hoped to use the app to help with programming moving lights, but I found that it didn't allow me to do much more than what our ELC focus hand does.

I dont think the aRFR is designed to be a mini desk. Then again is any remote anything more than a "turn on, turn off" remote.

I dont think the aRFR is designed to be a mini desk. Then again is any remote anything more than a "turn on, turn off" remote.

The avo remote app is, you can program palettes with it, very useful for setting up position palettes while standing on the stage.

Archived