Android apps.

Ynot

Well, having scanned the web for apps for my new HTC Hero, looking for Android based applications, I thought it perhaps an appropriate idea to have a topic similar to the one about iPhone apps.

The best site I've found so far is www.androidzoom.com and have gotten the following apps at the moment:

Rosco Gel Swatch

RTA Audio Analyser

Bubble spirit level

and of course one of several DIP calculators

Looking for a tapthebeat type app as described in the other topic but no luck as yet...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking for a tapthebeat type app as described in the other topic but no luck as yet...

Try Mobile Metronome, I discovered it this weekend to help with teaching CPR (100 bpm) and also to prove to people that they were doing it way too slow / fast in their assessments hence they got failed.

Try Mobile Metronome, I discovered it this weekend to help with teaching CPR (100 bpm) and also to prove to people that they were doing it way too slow / fast in their assessments hence they got failed.

Er, that doesn't quite look like the same sort of idea (without downloading it) - the point of tapthebeat as described in the iPhone topic was the be able to leterally tap the phone to the beat of a track and get a reading of the beats per minute for that, rather than a metronome GIVING the beat...

I've got Tube Tempo BPM- does the job.

Hmmm...

tried Tube tempo but it crashed 4 times out of the first six I tried to use it...!

However, BPMCounteradmob seems a nice simple option, and was one of the 'related' searches below Tube.

Installed that and bingo - works first time every time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...

Just looking at this one - Fixture library

Not an exhaustive list, but the main players are there.

Notice that the Mac 250 Wash is missing from the list on their web page.

This is a $5 app, not a freebie, so will be looking further for free option... :huh:

• 6 months later...

I've just been playing around with FingerPlay MIDI. It's a very customisable midi control app that can send data from faders, pads and XY control areas (and possibly other types of control too - there's provision for the various sensors (accelerometers, orientation etc.) to also be used to generate midi data). A small java programme on the host PC outputs the received midi to whichever midi port you choose (internal or external). I was using it last night to wirelessly play a drum module but I'm sure there are more serious applications. It's not as plug & play as some of the more mature apps on the fondle slab but I think has potential. Now if only Yamaha's desk faders responded to CC data rather than NRPNs...

(Still waiting for for a proper Yamaha app for Android...)

I've downloaded a function generator, audio-analyser, vibration monitor, sound meter & Dip switch calculator. Also, the flashlight & bubble apps are useful.

In general, 'RealCalc' & 'Grapher' (for calculations), an ohms law calculator & amazon kindle are really useful. Although, I must admit, I am becoming addicted to 'Angry Birds'.

E2A: There's an app called 'Tasker', £3.99, which allows you to automate just about anything (eg: automatically turn to silent when you're busy according to google calendar; turn off WiFi at night; etc).

Now if only Yamaha's desk faders responded to CC data rather than NRPNs...
OT, and I've only spent 30s Googling for NRPNs, but I'd have thought MIDI Ox should be able to do the job for you. I've used it to map Behringer BCF2000 output to other formats in the past...

Archived