Electrical Distribution

vinny baby

Hi, lads and lasses

I have just added quite a few new moving lights to my rig, and im after a distribution pannel to provide over 32amps. I would like the distro to be able to run from both 3 phase, and single phase outlets. I would like the distro to be able to withstand enough ampage for 11 x 250w MSD movers, + room for exspansion.

would it be wise to have socapex outlets on the distro, that I can snake off to 16A connectors, or better to do it some other way

what do you surgest?

Im not a Sparky, so I dont deal with this type of thing.

calculating load, and ampage is as far as I go.

cheers in advance

Vince

(ps feel free to move this to the correct forum division, couldnt think where to put it)

Vince, You have to decide what you want in terms of sockets, soca or lots of 16A's or .... whatever. People rig movers using link leads and Y-leads

Then talk to SE SES or RB from above, or Vipcolighting with the spec for a design and price.

If you spec it for three phase then a short jumper lead from a single phase plug to a three phase socket wired E-E, N - N. and Line to L1, L2, AND L3, via an in-connector jump lead. Do however spec the input connector to carry the full neutral load on the neutral pin.

Hi Vince,

We custom manufacture distribution units, and can build one to your exact specification. If you call the office, or email/PM me and we can disscuss your requirements and give you a quote.

Regards

John Huson

Archived