Mono Amplifier Module

smalljoshua

A long spout of Googling has turned up just one possible lead for my quest to turn my Hz SB600s into Powered Subwoofers so I have turned here for Advise.

I am looking for a single channel Amplifier Module that I would be able to fit into each of my Hz SB600s to enable them to become Powered, Ideally it would be able to run 600w into 4Ohms, have a variable crossover frequency and level and have a High Pass out on XLR for my Active tops although TBH I would be happy just to find something that would take care of the Amplification side of things as I can use the Sub out from my EQ to run the Subs.

I have no idea of a budget at the moment, however as cheap as possible would be good.

From searching around, I have found the Class D make something similar to what I need and I have contacted them for more information.

I did think about looking for Replacement Amp Modules for Powered Subs but I cant seem to find anywhere that sells them.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Josh

A Third vote for BK Electronics, their 1000watts module would do just fine (do note that the 1000watt figure is at 2ohms so your output at 4ohms should be just about right).

The active crossover part is fairly straight forward, they may be able to include something similar to this in a module.

Do you run powered tops? Why not drop a 2 channel lump into the back of the sub and have a powered out on it to the tops if not. If you're knackering a box up by putting 1 amp module in you might aswell put 2 in if required.

I believe I've seen a few things on Thomann.

But what's wrong with lugging a 2U amp and a crossover around?

The lugging part is what I want to avoid, all of my tops are powered and I want to make the Hz Subs powered too.

Another vote for BK and specifically this unit

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/ClassD/ClassD.htm

A Third vote for BK Electronics, their 1000watts module would do just fine (do note that the 1000watt figure is at 2ohms so your output at 4ohms should be just about right).

The active crossover part is fairly straight forward, they may be able to include something similar to this in a module.

Do you run powered tops? Why not drop a 2 channel lump into the back of the sub and have a powered out on it to the tops if not. If you're knackering a box up by putting 1 amp module in you might aswell put 2 in if required.

It looks as if BK would be my best bet if I could fit one of those modules into the SB600s, the way they are designed means that anything over 18cm in one dimansion and 8cm in another wont fit. I can't seem to find any dimensions for the Class D unit, looks like I'll have to email them in the morning.

The UcD700HG definately looks interesting and appears to be small enough. I'll look into it, thanks.

If you really want to mess at component level, then profusion have some very interesting chips, but for small numbers their price is usually very wrong.

http://www.profusionplc.com/

I don't really think I have the patience or the knowledge to build at the component level I'm afraid.

Many Thanks for all your suggestions

Josh

Archived