Pyro Control Systems

Brian

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And aren't there rules about posting pyrotechnics?

Like don't do it? Send it by courier so they know what they've got?

Quite right. The Post Office will not knowingly carry explosives (including fireworks and pyrotechnics).

As you say, it should go by carrier in an appropriate box carrying the correct markings and the carrier should be informed of the contents.

He states quite clearly that it's just the "controls" and no pyro. Still doesn't excuse the rest of it though!

I think Tomo was referring to the other pyro system on ebay that Ike posted.

Blimey! That one's even scarier... Might well be worth a few complaints to ebay, not least if he intends shipping it by post.

Notice too it's got bids on it up to £51.

(5 mins later)

Ok, boy do I feel like a sneak now, but I've sent a report to ebay with the item number reporting a listing of a prohibited item. Their list of prohibited stuff includes pyrotechnic devices, so it's pretty clear cut even without getting into the potentially grey area of the control device rewired in an unsafe way...

Watch that space I guess.

Hmmmmm, he's selling Streamer Cartridges but the pods are the older style LM standard pods which, IIRC, won't take a Streamer Cartridge cos of the different pin spacing.

Please all note the quality workmanship on this piece below. ;)

http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/d0/b3/97_1.JPG

Especially the careful addition of the 25-way D connector and the wiring visible through the "inspection window".

PN

Bidding has ended for this item (brian_fairchild is the winner) 

How much did you get it for in the end?

£1.04 plus £9 carriage. It might seem a lot to pay for an 'unusual' item but it looks as though I'll get a pile of useable Bulgin plugs which I'll use to make up some more pyro cables (which I was planning to do anyways).

Suppose a tenner aint bad for the connectors anyway, and some of the cable might be usable.

It's good to know that some unsuspecting punter won't ever get a chance to try to use an object that insane.

I intend to do a full 'autopsy', complete with all the horrible gory details and stick it up on my website. Watch this space. After that, the unit will be laid to rest in Lincoln's Other Bucket.

And aren't there rules about posting pyrotechnics?

From Ebay:

Fireworks or pyrotechnic devices may not be listed on eBay.

Pyrotechnic devices include "any combination of materials, including pyrotechnic compositions, which, by the agency of fire, produce an audible, visual, mechanical or thermal effect designed and intended to be useful for industrial, agricultural, personal safety, sporting, or educational purposes."

Examples of fireworks and pyrotechnic devices that may not be listed on eBay include, but are not limited to: blank ammunition, fireworks and fireworks kits, aerial bombs, booby traps (pull string), bottle rockets, chasers, dayglo bombs, firecrackers, fountains, nitro poppers, party poppers, roman candles, skyrockets, smoke balls, smoke bombs, snap caps, snappers, sparklers, sparks, and torpedoes.

So there we go...

Best Wishes,

David

Archived