Pyro Control Systems

Brian

;)

here.. I'll save you doin the autopsy.. this is what Brian bought on ebay for £10.04

I hope you enjoy getting your hands dirty.. the cables have been trodden on by Tony Iommi, spat on by Ozzy Osbourne and pissed on by Mike Patton. (the last time they were used was the last time Patton toured the UK with Faith No More... yes, they are old, but I've been using one to link my guitar to my livedrive this last week... I'll get a pic of the brains and I'll post the box and cables to you on monday Brian

xx

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cauldroncottage.com/sign.jpg

there you go... that's the brains of it. the rest IS just a bunch of cables.

Do we suppose that old american obsession (paranoia and injustice) has set into this country yet? If you want a set of pyro gear that is SAFE.. please don't go looking on eBay... you're only wasting yours and my time.

lots of Love

Mary xxx

ps. may we change the "he" and "him" on previous postings please>

I hope you enjoy getting your hands dirty.. the cables have been trodden on by Tony Iommi, spat on by Ozzy Osbourne and pissed on by Mike Patton. (the last time they were used was the last time Patton toured the UK with Faith No More...

Hi Mary and welcome to the Blue Room.

Wow, something with a bit of history behind it :( I'll wear my gloves :huh:

Do we suppose that old american obsession (paranoia and injustice) has set into this country yet?

Yes it has. Whether that is a 'Good Thing' â„¢ or a 'Bad Thing' â„¢ is a whole different and very long discussion.

...pay as you go sim cards and wireless equipment (that's internet connection Brian, before you get your judges hat on)

I don't own any hats. I have no problem with wireless equipment, I spent the first 8 years of my working life testing the stuff.

I'll get a pic of the brains and I'll post the box and cables to you on monday Brian

xx

Thanks Mary. If any of my posts have personally offended you then I apologise, it was not my intention.

Brian

Hehehe

no problem brian... pleased to meet you.

the cables and plugs have all been stripped, you should be able to use the bulgin connectors, I think they ARE the only part that is STILL SAFE!

do you think you'll be able to use the box?. I know it doesn't conform to the new standards, but it WAS perfectly legal when it was used! blew a hole in a carpark with a maroon once! <ahem.. catch me if you can!> No, it doesn't run from the mains. We sold the rest of the gear when the new law came about that you needed to have an exit door between the audience and the pyros... well, you can imagine the field day Health and Safety would have at The Axe and Cleaver in Boston!

lots of love

M xxx

Moderator(s) watching very very closely... particularly new twin-identity posters !

The pyro and effects section have a good record of not bouncing people out of here as the subject matter is considered important enough for all to witness and understand what is considered good and bad practice as well as appropriate or even illegal !

These posts are very close to "crossing the line" with their content including advertising, personal insults and language inappropriate to others.

Suggest that the offending poster re-reads the TERMS of use of this forum and edits own posts to correct this matter... quickly !

Lincoln

Just one point about the legality of not having a key switch - afaik, that requirement dates back to the 1970s. If there is still identifieable equipment around that pre-dates that, should it not be in a museum?!

If there is still identifieable equipment around that pre-dates that, should it not be in a museum?!

Depends what part of the '70's you mean..., my school still runs a lighting desk and dimmer rack/patch board from the '70's...

JoHn -- Venture

Just one point about the legality of not having a key switch - afaik, that requirement dates back to the 1970s. If there is still identifieable equipment around that pre-dates that, should it not be in a museum?!

Probably.

If it's old and pyro related our very own Lincoln has a few old bits-and-pieces which get used on training courses. In fact a week or so ago he posted here asking if anyone had an old Le Maitre C3D controller.

If it's lighting control related then there is the NEET project at The NEET project where Jason is trying to find a permanent home for what was a large part of Jim Laws' collection.

A public thankyou to Brian for the EBAY purhased pyro firing box. (!)

Very nice ! now added to the museum of interesting items !

You will all get to see it one day when you do a course.

thanks again

Lincoln

• 3 months later...

That whole forum seems to be full of stories similar... pretty sure most of them are illegal or certainly very very ill advised to be posting online.

Anyone like to write a risk assessment for the use of one of those devices?

Archived